Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Is AudiWorld stealing creative content?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did IB copy all of our creative content? I have rights to my photos and I do not want IB to copy them if I can't have access.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

how could they have? Which photo specifically are you referring to in that writeup?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I own all of them that have the Blue TTop logo stamped on them. Something is not right. I deleted 2 photos off of my Fotki, and yet the pics are still here.

I want the writeup deleted off AudiWorld. IB can't be trusted. I never would have posted the writeup here if I thought control would be siezed.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Which photos?????
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

You do realize that 99.9% of all forums require non-exclusive rights to post your content, correct? This forum was different. It isn't anymore. However, there is nothing scandalous about the current TOU. It's common.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The images could be cached in your browser, did you try clearing your cache? There is also such a thing as browser and server caching which could be temporarily storing the images until the next refresh.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Guru

Do you use a proxy server to connect to the internet?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, enough is enough.Presumably, many of you have copied

a picture you saw on someone elses's page, and used it for your desktop, sig or pic post, whatever.
I, like many, resisted the changeover, and still have some things that aren't what we're used to, and have incorrectly laid that on Kris's lap. does he own IB? I think not. Neither does JET. My point now, cliff notes version, get over it. some of us made the adjustement from sliderules (still have mine), to Texas Instrument calculaters, then to Dos 3.1 with its phenominal graphics (pffffft!), and then on to warious versions of IE. somehow, after we had a cooling off period, we learned to deal with it.
The same applies here. I don't give a flying F*** if someone copies a picture, and neither should any of you. You all sound like a bunch of first semester law students ready to do battle with F. Lee Bailey. You arent't even close, and I now have elected to learn how to deal with it, as should you. I don't really like it, but that's the way it is, so grow up and shut up.
I'll use both sites, and be better for it. The rest of you should do likewise.
Kris, you're a great guy. I value your input, and your Vermont pics as well.
Don't give up the ship, you have my support, ansd my apologies for past anger.
The rest of you, know where the door is.
There. Now move on. the site is improving day by day.

Did IB copy all of our creative content? I have rights to my photos and I do not want IB to copy them if I can't have access.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Guru

Intellectual property is one of the most valuable commodities in the world. While I have no problem agreeing to passively grant IB non-exclusive license to my creative product, I'd like to know if I own full license to my older posts. Why is that a problem for you?

IB will probably ignore the question because they do not own the license. If they did own license, I suspect they would have spoken up by now. I have no plans to move or remove anything, but it's nice to know I won the content.

Everyone knows Kris is the messenger. He's made that quite clear. No one is mad at Kris...or at least I'm not.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

THESE photos...................

All of them in this thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=17444354

Quick Reply: Is AudiWorld stealing creative content?