Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 09:30 AM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by patmurphey
The navigation banner that appears when you scroll up after reading a thread no longer shows the navigation tree unless you scroll down into the "related forum". Sometimes that does not even work.
Are you seeing this across all threads, or just within certain ones? Please also let me know what type of device you're on (i.e. PC, Mac, or mobile device) and the browser you're using (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer).

Originally Posted by DB22
Is there any progress on getting the locations parsed and displayed? More than 50% of posts are confusing, ambiguous and irrelevant due to no location association.
Still no specifics yet unfortunately, but our product development team has been exploring experimenting with some ideas just these past couple weeks. I hope to have some news on that front soon!
Old 09-11-2018, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

The navigation banner that appears when you scroll up after reading a thread no longer shows the navigation tree unless you scroll down into the "related forum". Sometimes that does not even work.
Originally Posted by IB Jason
Are you seeing this across all threads, or just within certain ones? Please also let me know what type of device you're on (i.e. PC, Mac, or mobile device) and the browser you're using (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer)...
Sorry for not getting back right away. PC Windows 10, Edge browser. It happens most of the time but not always, and not when the "related thread" is in the same forum.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:10 AM
IB Staff

Sorry for not getting back right away. PC Windows 10, Edge browser. It happens most of the time but not always, and not when the "related thread" is in the same forum.
Thanks for those details. One more quick question as we continue to troubleshoot your issue: are you viewing the site in a full-sized browser window or one that only takes up part of your screen?
Old 09-16-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just a window with favorites bar to one side. The window is wide enough so that there is no scroll bar. The behavior is the same with the window locked to full vertical screen height.

Last edited by patmurphey; 09-16-2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for the new navigation buttons at the bottom of threads.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:53 AM
IB Staff

Thank you for the new navigation buttons at the bottom of threads.
Glad you're liking the new navigation buttons! Sorry I didn't reply to your prior message, we were looking at options in the backend to resolve the issue. Are you still experiencing the problem at all?
Old 11-28-2018, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I see the buttons on almost all thread reads. It's rare for them to miss. The original navigation problem is unchanged, but the new buttons solve it for me. BTW it would be nice if the "Next Unread Thread" button went directly to the next unread post in the thread.

Last edited by patmurphey; 11-28-2018 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:17 AM
IB Staff

I see the buttons on almost all thread reads. It's rare for them to miss. The original navigation problem is unchanged, but the new buttons solve it for me. BTW it would be nice if the "Next Unread Thread" button went directly to the next unread post in the thread.
Okay, thanks. I'll forward that back to our tech team.

Regarding the Next Unread button, with infinite scroll enabled we automatically show you all the posts in a thread before loading anything else. If you see the button, you've seen all the posts in that given thread. For non-infinite scroll, pagination should still be available above it to let you go to the next page.