Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Question on trading in a s3 lease

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I am asking about state taxes, but maybe im not sure .
So trying to figure out would the buyout cost to the dealership.
Would it be residual + remaining payments (my current monthly payment which has tax, I think 30-40 bucks of the monthly payment is tax)
or would I subtract the monthly tax out of that payment and multiply that amount x remaining number of payments?

residual is 26K, my monthly payment is 639 and I have 12 left so 639x12=7668. residual of 26 + payments 7668= 33668 (is this the buyout to the dealership)
OR
is it residual 26K + monthly payments minus FL tax (639- (38.34)6% tax= 600.66 x 12= 7207.92) So 26K+7207.92= 33207.92
Or to make it easier if anyone knows the math my residual is 26000, payments are 639 and I have 12 left. Any idea what my buyout would be. If tax needs to be figured in I live in FL and its 6% for cars I believe.
Thank you!
Old 06-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well I called the leaseing company (Audi finance) and all they would tell me is I could take it to the dealership and have dealership pay it off. They would not give me a payoff/buyout price. She said they are not allowed to disclose that???? She said that dealership would have to call them and get a buyout price them send them the funds. That seems odd to me. So I have no idea what it will cost to buy out other than me doing the guessing like I did above.
Anyone heard of this before and know why they do this?
Old 06-05-2017, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Steal- Sorry, but the AFS person you spoke with is absolutely WRONG. You're the lessee, of course you have the rights to know the payoff!

You can get a payoff online 24/7 also at this website: https://www.audifs.com/Authentication/Login. Or give these numbers a try.

Audi Financial Services support

By phone

(888) 237-2834
(888) AFS-AUDI
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., ET

Lease-end inquiries
(866) 277-8191
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

HTH, Christine.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ya i thought it was crazy as well. i ended up getting it. it was around 32500. I ended up having one of the worse car buying experiences of my life at this chevy dealer today to say the lease. One aspect of it was the audi.... there fair market price on my car came back at 34900... which was the low side of the market value compared to kbb and used ones on auto trader. Well i told them just pay it off... they after many back and fourth only offered 28k??? even though the market price they had was 2k higher than the buyout. wanted to roll 5k+ on the back end of the truck. Then the said they wouldn't honor the online price they had for the truck online. I left very unhappy and will never return to that dealer. Another chevy dealer in orlando not far from me has one of the trucks, will see if they will deal with me. If not i will just keep the audi until lease end. Don't hate the car, just turned out to be on the small side for the family now with baby. Not to mention the expense but o well.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Steallife904
Ya i thought it was crazy as well. i ended up getting it. it was around 32500. I ended up having one of the worse car buying experiences of my life at this chevy dealer today to say the lease. One aspect of it was the audi.... there fair market price on my car came back at 34900... which was the low side of the market value compared to kbb and used ones on auto trader. Well i told them just pay it off... they after many back and fourth only offered 28k??? even though the market price they had was 2k higher than the buyout. wanted to roll 5k+ on the back end of the truck. Then the said they wouldn't honor the online price they had for the truck online. I left very unhappy and will never return to that dealer. Another chevy dealer in orlando not far from me has one of the trucks, will see if they will deal with me. If not i will just keep the audi until lease end. Don't hate the car, just turned out to be on the small side for the family now with baby. Not to mention the expense but o well.
Something to keep in mind on the used car side of things, just for perspective

1. AutoTrader will have lots of cars...but they only indicate asking price, not selling price. We all know someone can ask whatever they want. The market price is what someone will likely pay.

2. KBB fair or good is generally where most cars fall into...the newer your car, the more likely it will go to the good category of course. Very, very few cars get into the excellent level, though they do from time to time.

Have you tried the lease swap sites? Someone there may very well want to buy you out of your contract
Old 06-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well my local dealership didn't work out. They low balled the Audi big time. They even showed me what the dealership had for a fair market price which was right at 35k. They offered me 27k........... Turns out my payoff was 32,300ish. The dealership also refused to honor there online sale price. I left. I understand they will not take a loss or anything like that but they clearly show its worth a few thousand more and still give me a crazy offer even knowing what my buyout is?????? All I asked for was to buy it out. They where just really bad all together, not just on my audi. I have a feeling they think I am rich or something and treated me like that. Was even told at one point "it appeared I could afford the truck so whats the issue".

Now working with an Orlando dealership and seems it may work out. I will know by tonight. Seems they have agreed to buyout the car and honor sale price. Im just waiting on the final numbers from them. We will see