Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

S6 / S7 thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S6 / S7 thread

I don't know what the protocol is, but I, personally, would like to see the S6 and S7 threads merged into one.

Essentially, all systems, engines, parts, etc. with the exception of the body and the hatchback are identical on these two models. Most questions asked by forum members on either forum are just as appropriate on the other. As the number of posts on the S7 forum is pretty light, I find myself cross posting a lot, and to me, would make more sense if they were combined.

Of course I don't know who would feel otherwise? But I don't think I am alone.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mcqueen
I don't know what the protocol is, but I, personally, would like to see the S6 and S7 threads merged into one.

Essentially, all systems, engines, parts, etc. with the exception of the body and the hatchback are identical on these two models. Most questions asked by forum members on either forum are just as appropriate on the other. As the number of posts on the S7 forum is pretty light, I find myself cross posting a lot, and to me, would make more sense if they were combined.

Of course I don't know who would feel otherwise? But I don't think I am alone.

Thanks
Yes! I even sometimes wish S/A6 and S/A7 were all one. I skip through them all. But thiis change would be a real plus.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

We can do it easily. Our assumption was that people would want them separate..
Old 03-15-2013, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

+1

I find myself looking for threads I've read that aren't in my main forum of interest.

Maybe even have both. A merged forum combining the posts from all the A/S 6/7 forums.

I also find that posts made in other forums, like Wheels, often go unnoticed and I end up posting in a model sub forum. Perhaps there'd be a way to attach them to the appropriate model. E.g. S6 C7 wheels are hard to find and don't necessarily apply to other models.

But the way things are now is still a great source of information and discussion. Thanks for providing us with Audiworld.