Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Stop Complaining...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop Complaining...

It's amazing to me that an upgrade in forum software can set off the haters in full force. Isn't AW more than the software? I always liked AW for the friendly atmosphere and great search functions/DIY/classifieds/News, etc.

I think with a few days of navigating through the VBulletin sw most will enjoy its flexibility and ease of use.

Since you all probably own an Audi vehicle...their most recent marketing campaign has been 'Truth in Technology'...why can't the AW members embrace this change as just that?

We're experiencing some pivotal times in our US economy these days, and change was even the theme of the Obama campaign. I didn't vote for him, but I can still get behind the idea of change for the better.

Give it some time and stop whining about things you can't change.
End Rant.

AW Staff: Thanks for updating to a superior sw in most all manners...hang in there, people will come around and embrace your endeavors to improve the Audi enthusiast community.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:14 PM

Of course AW was more than just software... It was all about a close-knit community of enthusiasts looking to share information. That is exactly why we all moved to a different site, in order to keep that community intact. If another site hadn't been put in place, then quite a few members would have simply given up and left for good. If that had been the case, then our community would have been forever altered, and possibly even lost.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Your logic needs some work. We can change it. Hence the existence of QW. It has been changed. Wake up old fart.

Bruce
Old 03-19-2009, 08:23 PM

Old? I'm 21 for gods sake.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Nah, we'll just take all of the people who actually have a clue and go elsewhere.

Oh wait, we already did!

I certainly know that this forum software is bad for me business wise....my clients much prefer the old KAWF software and so do I. So I go where my clients go, and that isn't here anymore.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

With that mentality and software YOU are the old fart.
Why are you still posting here then, just to convince others to follow?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:33 PM

Kawf worked. Period. No need to change it, and Internet Brands knew that. Their only goal was to strip this site of it's originality, and make it like every other site. I HATE being like everyone else, which is probably why I never gave into peer pressure during High School. I like having a sense of originality, and NO ONE will ever take that from me. I know everyone nowadays has to have everything homogenized (especially those builders that tear down every tree on a lot and flatten all of the hills, even though there is no buyer yet,) but I'm not like that. And if that makes me old, then **** it... I guess I am. And as for the second part of your post, there is no need to convince others to follow. With the exception of a few stragglers, everyone else has already moved on.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Why? I still have *a few* clients here.

I'm letting them know I'll be reducing the amount of time I spend here gradually to zero. If they reverse course and restore the old format, I may increase the amount of time I spend here, but since that won't happen, oh well.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Good luck fellas..just remember its all about the rings at the end of the day.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The message was directed at EuroA4, not you. You should know that. Look at the hierachy of the post before you post, young lad. I know it is hard to see with current IB stuff.

Bruce
old fart

Quick Reply: Stop Complaining...