Gettin Audi love....

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin Audi love....

Hey everyone,
I'm a recent Audi convert and thought I'd say hello. I picked up my A4 on July 11th and have enjoyed every minute of the last 1200 miles(I REALLY like to drive). I receive all kinds of looks from people, not sure if they're looking at the car, or the dumb-*** grin on my face. Also been experiencing something I've never experienced in any other car, other Audi owners waveing at me as they drive past, FREAKIN COOL!! My car is still stock for now... I'm planning several tastefull and powerful mods in the future and I'm really looking forward to asking questions and seeing what you guys have done to your cars.

So to recap, 2001.5 Silver A4 with Sport package and the driver is sporting a Joker smile, thats me, HELLO.
Old 08-01-2001, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting more Audi love....

Tom.....1200 miles, you are ready to chip! Then you will know what real love is.....
Old 08-01-2001, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Getting more Audi love....

I should hit my 1000 mile mark by about Monday (picked up the car July 20th). Commute to work sucks. Plan on doing myself a chip and new BPV in September since I'll be out of town for my brothers wedding and won't have to worry about transporation.

Considering doing the TipChip at the same time. Think it's worth it?
Old 08-02-2001, 04:15 AM

Which chips and BPV were you looking at? There's an add for Forge(?) in the Quattro mag for the valve, heard they are $$$$. Seems alot of people on the regular forum are going to the 225 TT valve. As far as the tip chip, no idea as I have manual. Right now I think I'm going GIAC or is it GAIC or APR (same chip?). Not sure which, need to do some more research.
Old 08-02-2001, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

GIAC and APR are different. I like the EMCS in the APR, giving you a stock and modded program, as well as others if you pay additional. For me that offers the best of both worlds, because all week I can use stock programming and get better gas mileage and beat up the turbo less during my 1 hour commute to work each when, and then on the weekends I can use the chipped programming.

As for the BPV, it depends on how much $$ I feel like spending I saw that expensive valve the other day. Was around $150 I believe. It would have to be worth all the extra money to actually get it.
Old 08-02-2001, 05:03 AM
jc
AudiWorld Super User

Default A couple comments

I think you will find a general sentiment towards APR in the club, as we have all had good experiences, and their customer service is great. It is different from GIAC. And I can tell you, once you have the chip, you will never put it in stock mode again. I gaurantee. And the gas mileage difference is really non-existant. Some people claim to get better mileage..

I have a 225 TT Roadster, with chip, exhaust, lowered, with a forge BPV, and I get the same mileage as stock, and I drive like a friggin bat out of hell.

I average 21 mpg in my TT, and about 19 in my A6...

Course I filled up the A6 the other night, and it takes like 5 gallons more then the TT too, so the range is nice.
Old 08-02-2001, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Most people generally see an slight improvemnt or the same gas milage after a chip.
Old 08-02-2001, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A couple comments

I'll second Jordan's comment about the club preferring the APR chips. The Melbourne dealer has had some bad experiences with GIAC, and so far none of us have had trouble with the APR chips (been running them for years).

AND, APR has great customer support with many engineers on staff that only work on VW & AUdi products....GIAC is run by a med student and will chip just about any brand car out there....
Old 08-02-2001, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Most people generally see an slight improvemnt or the same gas milage after a chip.

Interesting.. well then... what about during spirited driving, even better then?
Old 08-02-2001, 07:07 AM
jc
AudiWorld Super User

Default The harder you drive the worse gas mileage you get, and it is hard to measure under heavy accelerati

But the difference in gas mileage should even be a consideration when chipping...

Quick Reply: Gettin Audi love....