RIP "Quattro-X-2"

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's horrible. My thoughts are with his family.

I too was in an accident on Monday driving into work, thought not nearly as bad as Chris's. I should of never been on the road at that time knowing that their was a hurricane bearing down on the state.

I decided on Sunday to drive into work on Monday morning to disable front door, as our access control system, is still offline and can not be programmed for holidays. I only decided go in Monday morning since Iron Mountain was running a normal schedule and I could handle our tape rotations myself and not have to ask another employee to come in. For some reason I so easily risk my own life when it comes to work. I realized, after my accident, there are only very few things worth purposely putting your life in danger for, and work is not one of them.

I was driving in and around 8AM a gust of wind hit the rental Durango I was driving on 417 and I started to hydroplane. I let off the gas hoping it would settle back down but as I slowly drifted towards the center median. I realized I had a choice to make. I knew if I hit the grass there was the possibility of entering oncoming traffic or hit a stuck truck in the center median. I lightly corrected, however I lost control of the truck and ended up going off the right shoulder. I hit the other side of the ditch and the Durango flipped on it's side and slide until it hit a fence at the end of the drainage area. Amazingly I was completely conscious, and with no visible injuries. I grabbed the only mobile phone I could find and your instincts tell you to get the hell away from a situation like that as quickly as possibly. I had a hard time opening the door of the Durango since it is as wide as I am tall and there was a 50 mph wind blowing against it. Some ICA work workers stopped by and helped me hold open the door so I could climb out.

Amazingly I emerged without a scratch. Which I can only attribute to wearing my seat belt. While I was filling out the accident report with the FHP officer her patrol car was hit as well as my dad's car by another hydroplaning car. Again luckily no one was hurt or outside their vehicles to be hit.

Afterwards I waited in my Dad's car after the FHP got hit by another hydroplaning car. About an hour later another FHP officer came up to us and told us we needed to meet them down at the FHP station on 436 because the second FHP officer responding to the first FHP officers accident got hit by another hydroplaning car.

At the FHP station as we were leaving we saw the damage to both cars after they were towed back and the one I was sitting in was quite severe the entire driver's side trunk was completely collapsed. The second FHP officer was somehow hit in the front.

We went back to the scene to follow the Durango, since all my stuff was in it, keys, wallet, etc. Loss prevention at Enterprise will not rent me another car because of three incidents in three months and my insurance will probably end up canceling me.

But amazingly I am alive. At moments like those you really thing what is important. No one was grateful for what I was willing to do, that says sometime, just took me a long time to learn that.

Sorry for all the typos, I wrote this in about 5 minutes. You may of seen the Durango on FOX35 or read about it in the Orlando Sentinel. Be careful everyone.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Did you hyrdo plane before the curry ford toll booth and exit.

I saw a truck of some sort off to the right. When I was headed to the airport.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No this was after the Lee Vista toll plaza, about a half a mile north of the 528.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Awful news...wish the best for his family. RIP
Old 10-28-2005, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually ya, I think that was the spot, the truck waslaying on a fence?

Can't remember, it was raining like crazy.

Anyways, glad your ok dude.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:59 AM

That sucks. What else can you say.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:02 AM

Sorry to hear. RIP
Old 10-28-2005, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why is it?

That there are serial killers and rapist's walking free amongst us, smoking, drinking, and drugging all their lives, without a care in the world? Sometimes I question "God's will". My condolences and prayers go out to all that new and loved him.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:05 PM

Thanks for posting this.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

too close to home.. RIP

Quick Reply: RIP "Quattro-X-2"