Stebro exhaust for S6

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stebro exhaust for S6

Just wondering if anyone has installed a full Stebro exhaust system on there URS4/S6, are there any other good systems for URS6 out there, perhaps such as Miltek .... or Stromung ? Is there a noticable difference in performance also for either of these systems ?
Old 04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had a full Stebro exhaust on my SVX, and it was WONDERFUL. Would definitely like to get one for my S6.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AWDreams
Just wondering if anyone has installed a full Stebro exhaust system on there URS4/S6, are there any other good systems for URS6 out there, perhaps such as Miltek .... or Stromung ? Is there a noticable difference in performance also for either of these systems ?
For the UrS6,Which I used to have, Stromung no question, You will thank me, Get the full bolt on turbo back kit, its worth the extra money for sure.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Stebro

Originally Posted by Cash68
I had a full Stebro exhaust on my SVX, and it was WONDERFUL. Would definitely like to get one for my S6.
Ive heard great things about Stebro and it looks like i might be swayed over to that system, ive checked the sight which is located in North Western Ontario, it doesnt seem to expensive either, looks very aggressive also with the fat full size rear muffler.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i do have a stebro but only cat back , i love the sound but they are not mandrel bent. kind of weird for a exhaust of this price. if i was you i will go more with a stromung or a 034 exhaust.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not mandrel bent .... Jeez !!!!

Originally Posted by AirBlaster
i do have a stebro but only cat back , i love the sound but they are not mandrel bent. kind of weird for a exhaust of this price. if i was you i will go more with a stromung or a 034 exhaust.
Well im kinda dispointed now, i look at there site and it looks like they supply alot of exhaust packages to alot of ppl. Perhaps just the rear box is all i need and then i guess i could mix and match ..... any tips on what type of full system to go with from the headers back ...... ?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Don't get a STebro whatever you do.

I have or have had a STebro and I would warn you against getting one. First because the stainless steel they use is questionable, second mine rusted out and they have been unwilling to honor their lifetime warranty. I have been talking with them for over 5 months now and they make all these promises about getting one shipped out, but oddly enough it never shows up.
I wish somebody would have warned me about them before I bought mine. But, I figured it was a good deal since it was slightly cheaper than a Scorpion.
But, don't waste your money on a STEBRO you will be very disappointed it's low quality stuff.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks for the tip

Originally Posted by Audim1
I have or have had a STebro and I would warn you against getting one. First because the stainless steel they use is questionable, second mine rusted out and they have been unwilling to honor their lifetime warranty. I have been talking with them for over 5 months now and they make all these promises about getting one shipped out, but oddly enough it never shows up.
I wish somebody would have warned me about them before I bought mine. But, I figured it was a good deal since it was slightly cheaper than a Scorpion.
But, don't waste your money on a STEBRO you will be very disappointed it's low quality stuff.
Ill keep clear ..... u would think that a place that specializes in exotic performance cars would keep an eye on boards like this to keep there name clear. Ill look into there warranties and such. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AWDreams
Ill keep clear ..... u would think that a place that specializes in exotic performance cars would keep an eye on boards like this to keep there name clear. Ill look into there warranties and such. Thanks.
He does keep an eye on some forums I did see him post on a VW forum. By the way they use 409 stainless which is the cheapest grade of stainless. I didn't know that at the time. I just thought I was getting a great deal and was I ever wrong.