Why not go throough insurance though???

Did the guys on the bikes stop??
Old 05-24-2006, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh damn! Good thing you are ok...cars are replaceable
Old 05-24-2006, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I would not even try to resurect that car... I garuntee your frame is damaged....

and you are looking at serious money to fix it the correct way. You wont be able to do it by yourself.... I am glad you were not injured.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

glad you are ok!!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:38 AM

Default my brother smashed the fender like that on our other car and it was totalled

his even looked better than yours after the accident

sorry to hear, and glad to see your okay
Old 05-24-2006, 06:00 AM

Default Damage "looks" similar to mine back in Nov

I hit a big *** deer driving around 50mph.
Same spot.
Couldn't open the driver door, airbags didn't go off though, but left front panel was damaged, bumper was gone, radiator gone, had to replace timing belt @20k miles (woohoo?), and get some engine work for valve damage.
Insurance took car of it, and since it was a one time freak (deer) accident, I only paid for deductible.

I look back at it, and thank God/Allah/Zeus me and my gf didn't get a scratch, or hit the pickup on the right lane. Just be happy it could have been worse.

$9k of repairs, and even though damage looks the same, I hit the deer, felt a bump and kept on driving for a few secs. Don't want to be pessimistic, but a pole hit sounds like mucho $$$
Old 05-24-2006, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Glad to hear you're OK. Sorry about the car.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Update..pulled some stuff off..put a little oil in it, and drove it about 3/4 mile over to the shop.

car seems to drive fine. Steering wheel remains straight..the fan is obviously smakcing the hood, but other then that. doesnt seem to have any pull. Frame seems to be fine..i got lucky and actually clipped the pole. Damages should be around 4k using mostly used parts.

sad thing is..im actually looking forward to doing this. The cars going to look awesome when i get done..it will more then likely take me a year to do.

Im not going threw the insurance, because i dont want the car totaled. I LOVE this car. Its like exactly what i was looking for and took me 2 years to find it. Its only got 60k miles, has a new tranny, and new rear end, and turbos replaced at 35k i believe. Also i still have a year and a half left on my warranty and 40k miles.

Good thing i went to school for Auto collision lol

I will have pics, once i get it taken apart..hopefully either today or tomorrow !
Old 05-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Elder Member

Why is it, that you think you are the only person who can drive/ride?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Because he OBVIOUSLY couldnt..

he wasnt leaning the bike, and he was going way to fast to be sitting almost straight up.
I have a street bike, and live off of that road..I know what it takes, to take, the turn at that speed, and he was no where near where he needed to be.
Had I of not swerved, theirs no doubt i would of hit him.
So if by me stating that he "couldnt ride" because of that, please by all means feel free to think, that i feel i am god when i am behind the triple clamps.
That is all.