Audi of Tysons Corner / HBL

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi of Tysons Corner / HBL

I currently lease a 2009 BMW 335i and was looking to purchase a 2012 Audi S4.

I contacted Audi of Tysons Corner and met with Ali. At the first meeting in June, Ali didn't have 2012 pricing, yet he wanted me to put down a $5000 deposit and sign a sales order agreeing to buy the car at whatever price we negotiated once the pricing was available. I saw this as a bad idea as it would give the dealership maximum leverage AND the deposit was non-refundable.

I told Ali I would wait until we had 2012 pricing. A few weeks later 2012 pricing was released and after a bit of teeth pulling, we agreed on $1500 over invoice. I signed a form and provided my CC for the 5K deposit. Ali informed me once he had "final" pricing, he would send over a sales order (this was in June).

July comes and goes. I email / call him a couple of times inquiring as to the status of the sales order. Each time he makes up an excuse why he can't generate it.

August comes and goes. Same excuses as the above.

Yesterday (9/5) with my car scheduled for delivery in ~2 weeks, Ali calls and tells me they are refunding my deposit and would not be selling me the car. When I inquired as to why he mumbles something about me not being professional with him. I was absolutely floored. I had asked him multiple times for a legally binding contract so the car could not be sold to someone else at the last minute.

It seems my fears with this dealership were justified. It appears they found someone willing to pay full MSRP (or better).

As I have to turn in my BMW next month I'm in quite a pickle. As it was everything was going to work out perfect, timing wise.

I emailed AOA but am not holding my breath on a positive outcome.

I'm not looking for sympathy - my situation is just that. I simply hope to inform others to consider other options before dealing with this dealership.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received an email and call from Dave McBrearty, Sales Manager @ Tysons Audi. Dave assured me the car still had my name on it and it was not being sold to anyone else.

We are not clear as to why my sales guy called to tell me he wasn't going to sell me the car. Regardless, it seems things are back on track.

I'll follow up when I take receipt of the car which is expected in the week of 9/21. fingers crossed

Tom
Old 10-27-2011, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

To wrap things up. 9/28 I took delivery of my new S4. Thanks to Dave McBrearty for stepping in and making the necessary adjustments with his staff to ensure I was well taken care of. Sam Alimi ended up handling my S4 delivery and did a great job of explaining everything to me.

During my visit, I did note Ali Malek no longer works there. I wonder why

Tom
Old 10-27-2011, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

T, welcome aboard! That's some seriously sleezy shizz going on there. I will tell you that your scenario has played out the same for others....car was sold to someone else willing to pay more. Frankly, if you had a written contract, and had given them consideration, you'd have a strong case against them for damages...even if you were mean to the salesperson I guess this is part of the price we have to pay for Audi being so hot right now !!

I'm sure you will really enjoy the car. Take care