Late, but still a PSA. NoVA peeps be careful on Fairfax County Parkway.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late, but still a PSA. NoVA peeps be careful on Fairfax County Parkway.

Yesterday between Reston and George Mason University I counted 3 seperate areas where multiple police were writing citatations (At least 3 cops, one waving people over and other writing citations). As the traffic was bumper to bumper and not moving very fast I imagine they were writing Inspection and County Tag violations.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

re-PSA
Old 12-08-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Don't theses guys have something better to do??

Maybe find real criminals? I know this doesn't pertain to my area but i am tired of hearing about cops sitting and writing tickets. They should be off find murders or rapists. In Baltimore they recently raided all of these illegal Poker games. Even the Mayor came out and said that he was investigating this. I think they have more problems to worry about than Illegal poker, especially in Baltimore.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Elder Member

Default you know what's really funny?

Most of those poker cases just got thrown out of court a few weeks ago....but since O'Malley put his name on the campaign, Bmore Sun wasn't very enthusiastic about publishing news about the acquittals.

Maybe if they'd get out of O'Malley's ***, we could actually get some news in Baltimore.

Well....one can hope.

As for FC police, they need to deal with the drug trafficking through the area....no one wants to talk about it though while the million dollar condos go up though. I guess a few more 20 year-olds driving benzes need to be shot before it comes to the surface.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:29 AM

Default I always see MD troopers doing this on I-70 and I-95... but i've always wondered...

what if you just don't stop when they wave you to the side..... i mean if they give chase.. who's to say you didn't know they were pointing at you... at 65-70mph, I don't see how an officer standing on the side of the road signaling cars to pull over would hold up in court.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Elder Member

Default If you pretend not to see them you'll have to run over them

that's assuming you're within the left lanes.....they will run out into the middle of your lane to get you if they have doubts.

That's why I just signal and go over as far right as possible, and just look ahead like most other ignorant drivers and keep going....it's worked at least once.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:12 AM

Default <ignores>... hrmm... thats odd.... a speedbump in the middle of the freeway. <shrugs>

lol
Old 12-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Elder Member

Default it's going to happen sooner or later

they seem to think that deerhunter orange vest is enough protection against an SUV piloted by someone on the phone and looking down at the radio....

RIP officer, shoulda drawn the longer straw that day.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Some asshat on this forum was posting about how he flew by another Audi on FFX Pkwy a few weeks ago

As I said then, it's got a reputation for having a heavy police presence. I know that and I don't even drive on that road all that much.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:56 AM
BSK
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i read a post on audiforums about 2 people racing eacht other on the pway

Quick Reply: Late, but still a PSA. NoVA peeps be careful on Fairfax County Parkway.