On the subject of DC area idiot drivers - I recently saw two expensive cars VERY SLOWLY...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the subject of DC area idiot drivers - I recently saw two expensive cars VERY SLOWLY...

merge *into* one another. It was I-66 heading west at rt 50. There was a middle-aged man in a 7-series bimmer in the right lane, and another middle-aged man in a Lexus trying to merge into traffic. Traffic was bumper to bumper, and the man in the bimmer simply wouldn't yield the lane. Apparently the man in the Lexus so thought he had the God given right to merge that he did, despite the fact that there was a car occupying the space he was merging into. Result - two expensive cars with damage from a <5 mph collision and two very angry men.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ha! typical. How was VIR when you went?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually I haven't gone yet. I'll be heading down to do the ACNA event in late April. You know...

if there's a caravan for that sort of thing normally?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ahhh, I thought you went this past weekend for some reason...

Yes there willbe a caravan. We'll probably met in the Sears parking lot at Landmark mall around 1-2ish. I'll firm things up as we get closer.

-KJ
Old 03-28-2005, 07:31 AM

Default Idiot drivers+slow moving+expensive cars is pretty common.

I saw a middle-aged lady with a black H2 holding up traffic on Dulles Tollroad, with 2inches of slush in the cleared lane. All of us with regular sedans/hatchbacks/economy cars *raced* up to 30mph to pass her once the other lane was cleared. As I drove by, I looked over to her and saw that she was leaning forward with her face 3 inches from her steering wheel, white knuckles, staring intensely at the road ahead. Couldn't tell if she was scared to death or pissed at us.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Haha, that's how I drive when I'm in NYC

The good old "point and shoot" method, with no reference to firearms of course, though that could work possibly for some people.

The trick is to not look at the guy you're merging towards so they think you're A) crazy, B) about to trash their car. However I'm not so stupid as to play that game of chicken and not flinch. How do you explain that one to someone without them laughing at you? "Yeah there was speed and traffic and it was INTENSE...well, we were going 5mph."
Old 03-28-2005, 10:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I just had some borderline road rage on the way home today.......

FWIW, it wasn't raining when this happened, but there was just a little mist being pulled from the road from the cars.

some old guy in a lexus was hi beaming anyone who changed lanes in front of him apparently. I'd initially noticed him flashing someone from behind me, and thought nothing of it, since I hadn't seen anything happen. The guy let off, allowing the car that had just changed lanes in front of him to gain some distance. Once this car passed me, there was room for at least 4-5 cars between them, which left PLENTY OF ROOM for me, a school bus, 6 nuns & a herd of cattle to merge in. Yet, the lexus felt endangered somehow, and had to hi beam me.

Yea....I gently hit the brakes & issued a bird. That is all. Am I a bad person?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hell no.

I don't get road rage very easily - you'd have to cut me off pretty fiercely in the snow or some such violation. Unfortunately, when I get angry with someone on the road, I'm a bit more vindictive than I'd like to mention >:|
Old 03-28-2005, 11:28 AM

Don't talk about KJ like that!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:40 AM
FAQ Author

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

we should all do a goup buy on road rage cards!

Quick Reply: On the subject of DC area idiot drivers - I recently saw two expensive cars VERY SLOWLY...