Poll for Sioux Falls SD area: Graham Auto or independant shop?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poll for Sioux Falls SD area: Graham Auto or independant shop?

I'm doing some research on a possible move there, and am considering them as my next place of employment. I'd also consider starting an independant shop (my own version of Gasoline Alley if you will), but I'm not entirely aware of the market for a euro tuner there. I've researched that as well, but didn't find much...

So, Poll: If I moved to Sioux Falls SD, what would you think my best move would be? Work at Graham Auto, or start an independant shop similar to Induktion Motorsports(but with a bar, and a go-kart track)?
Old 10-07-2006, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i would bring you some busyness from omaha area.

we have nothing close, sioux falls would be the closest one for us.
as you can see, some posts below, i do need help from a pro shop. i know about 20 guys vw and audi that are looking for a good shop in the area.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:13 PM

Default A little far to travel but there is nothing in the way of tuning anywhere near here so you

might pick up some Iowa business as well...although I have heard good things about Graham, although you just don't see many Audi's in general around here, almost no allroads.

From what I can see in being on the allroad board for not quite a year there must be quite a few in Iowa and surounding areas that don't post...until you get to Twin Cities, Chicago, KC and St. Louis...that is just my take on the current situation...the short of it is IMHO that most of the Audi drivers around here are also not "enthusiasts" per se...they drive Audi's but maybe don't go in for chipping and modifying to the degree that many of the folks in larger cities do. Good luck to you.
FWIW Sioux Falls is a nice town.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned

Default I was figuring on that, but also, I don't think the volume of work I'm used to......

will be required in Sioux Falls, as the cost of living is also about 1/2 of what I'm used to.

My idea, (just an idea....) is for a restaurant race themed, with a go kart track of some sort. Shop would be first floor, restaurant/bar 2nd floor, gokart track off the back side. Obviously still in the design phase, but I've got plenty of awesome ideas, & many friends who are expressing thier desire to move with me & partner up for the business.

Wow this forum moves slow. ;-) I like it!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

sounds like a great idea! any idea when would that be?
Old 10-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Banned

Default Well, "IF" it ever happens.....

I'd like to move there first, & get established, probably for about a year, working at Graham auto. During that time, research property, market, builders, partners, employees, etc., and when everything's in place, make the move. Without all the right components, starting a new business is hard - but it's a worthless effort if there's no clientel, or if they don't know about you. (kind of obvious there, sorry for underminding)

When I started Induktion, my partner & I were well known in the enthusiast crowds around Baltimore, DC, & Northern VA, making it easy - as we didn't have to pay for advertisement. Induktion's been open for over 4 years now, and all the advertisement we've ever done is on audiworld. The appointments are usually 2-3 weeks back, we could use twice the space & 3-4 more techs for the work load in the shop.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Having owned a stage 2+ B5 S4, I found it difficult to find a good Audi mechanic to work on it.

I wanted to do a stage 3 upgrade, but nobody in SF had done it. There is a tuner shop that installed my exhaust, but I think he works maily on Japanese/imports. Graham is a great company and sells many Audi/VW's. A decent german tuner would be great.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default kind OT but since you are here....

i'm looking for pads for my stoptech front 330mm st40 calipers. didn't see any on your site do you carry them? HPS from hawk would be ok let me know.
thanks
Haime
haimed@gmail.com
Old 10-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Banned

Default Just to let y'all know.....

it's been awhile since I actually worked at the Induktion location. I've merely been a co-owner of Induktion since Sept. '05.

I'm sure they can get you stoptech pads, but I'm not the best person to help you with that. Try contacting Anand(anand@4induktion.com) or Ed(ed@4induktion.com), at thier respective emails. Thanks for the business!
Old 10-29-2006, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Graham is a great shop but the tuner market there sucks

Only one real shop in town that rice's out Hondas and the like. The Euro market is fairly slim compared to something like the Twin Cities (I moved to Minneapolis from Sioux Falls). There is an import car shop in town that does work on old school porsches/mg stuff but nothing too hardcore.

Quick Reply: Poll for Sioux Falls SD area: Graham Auto or independant shop?