Motorcycles Discussion Discussion forum for our two-wheeled friends

I just want to say this bike forum needs to be livened up or something!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.K.!! First of all, I will start by apologizing for saying a lot of people on...

this forum are uptight and blah blah, so sorry. I said it because when people criticize me and they have NO IDEA of my riding style, I get a little angry. I have found in the past that a lot people who have big mouths, can't ride as good as they think.
Secondly, quoting you, "I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that not one person here could get within 45 seconds of professional rider's lap time on a GP or WSB circuit...including you."
I NEVER once claimed that I could hang with a pro., or even said I was good.
And last, I Never said anything negative at all about you, so settle down! In fact I've always thought that you were one of the most helpful and intelligent people on this forum, even if your screen name is MonkeyLover(just kidding)
So again, my apologies. Maybe some day we will get to take a ride and have a laugh. Until then, keep posting, it's Great that we have a motorcycle forum and good people to talk with.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Cool pictures, I'd post some of my younger dirt bike day's, but...

I don't feel like digging through pictures now.
The bottom line is, ride to have fun, and be as careful as possible.
I think I contributed a little spice on this forum one more time :P
Old 06-27-2008, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Analogy: Stunting is to riding what russian roulette is to marksmanship

Kidding (mostly). Just felt like chiming in. I've pulled the odd wheelie here and there but never with cars around unlike the jackass on the R1 with no front bodywork today in stop-and-go traffic who pulled a near vertical wheelie and almost ran into the back of the truck in front of him. I'm sure the shorts, t-shirt, and converse sneakers he was wearing would have paid huge dividends in a crash though.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ya we need some spice heheh

in all honesty im on bike forums but theres so much flaming on them
Old 06-28-2008, 07:23 AM

Default *deep breath* Alright...I feel a little better...

...but you DID say "That's what most people who can't ride say.." when referring to someone who doesn't approve of wheelies. That kind of statement just really makes me angry because I've seen a lot of younger riders who can wheelie for 5 miles but don't even know what an "apex" is, or how to rev-match, and they blow the entrance/apex/exit on every corner. Instead of practicing wheelies, they should be practicing body postion, sighting as far ahead as possible through turns, light touch on the clip-ons, etc.

There ARE a lot of big-mouths around here...and I'm one of them. I apologize for getting angry as well. Maybe we should both work on not letting other people's comments upset us ; )

So far, I haven't seen any blatant squids/stunters on this board, but they usually don't own Audis as well ; ) I hope I meet and get to ride with as many people here as possible...you as well! I think it'd be a pretty freakin' sweet experience.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i watched a lot of stunt videos last night

a lot of those guys are good, but squids buy bikes and think they can do that and go fast and thats it. its much much more.

I also read on some website how the accident rate has gone up on bikes. no doubt its because of public shows of stunters etc. everyone want to try it. but they forget about all the other portions of riding safe and just exactly how to ride. its not about pulling wheelies or stoppies. depeneding on your state of mind. its mroe to me about controlling a bike and riding it as smooth and as fast as possible.

you guys jnow i just recently bought my bike but have a lot of experience with them. I've ridden with over 20 people in less then a months time. I find myself 2nd to 3rd in line on the twisties. this is riding with guys who talk **** about riding. but when it comes down to actuallly riding they lack skill?

I had this one guy I met on a forum tell me I shouldnt go on the technical rides because I could get hurt and they are very skilled. he goes on to say how he has been with them and has been able to keep up while others havent.

meanwhile im thinkin this guy has a chicken strip on his rear tire thats about a inch on both sides. my rear and msot of the front is worn to the edge.

this puts another saftey issue up front. you listen to people TALK and think they can ride. really you should ride rather then talk, it speaks for itself. YOU CANT LIE when you ride a bike. if you try to lie to the bike (yea im good) and your not, youll get hurt.

beware of squids.

on a bike forum you cant talk like this cuz theres too many squids...

oh yea i have a big mouth too
Old 06-29-2008, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Sounds good. I'll end my part in this chat by saying this....

Unless you are on a race track competing, it isn't wheelies or even knowing how to execute the perfect turn that makes someone a good rider. To me, if you want to go out and be really good through the turns, or if you want to go out and ride on one wheel, because that's your rush, then so be it. The arguement of one thing being more wreckless than the other, or one being dumb is all a matter of one's opinion. Regardless of what you're doing on a motorcycle, you can be "safe or wreckless". When people are recreational riding, it is all about riding at your own skill level and having fun, as long as your not physically endangering someone else IMO.
Again, my original post was in response to BeeRock wanting a topic to argue about, and I guess some of us got carried away. I don't usually argue or post unless I have a compliment or some useful information, and that is because I DON'T have a BIG MOUTH! SO THERE
Now can't we just all get along!!! :P
Old 07-06-2008, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

me and monkey both have big mouths!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default It's monkey and I have big mouths. I said my part in this chat was done,..

but I figured I'd give you a quick grammar lesson since all of your posts have spelling, punctuation, and grammar errors. Let's hope your riding isn't as lacking.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i type fast and dont check ooooo wellll, its the net i dont care

dont worry about my riding