Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

John/TSR - or anyone else interested in an M3 Lightweight for sale CHEAP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-1999, 12:24 AM
Mike Zamarocy

Default John/TSR - or anyone else interested in an M3 Lightweight for sale CHEAP!

Ok guys, I work for the Auto Club of SoCal, and today I just happened to have to fix some equipment at our Carson Salvage Lot. Well, GUESS what I saw there!!!!????<p>There was a genuine M3 LIGHTWEIGHT in the shop! It had been hit in the rear, some front end damage, but definately needs some rear suspension work. But it WILL be going on sale at a special closed envelope auction real soon! The kicker is, . . . you have to be a wholesaler that is recognized as a buyer on a list from the Auto Club. But if you are interested, and you know a wholesaler (that won't stab you in the back and take it for himself), you just MIGHT be able to get this car for $12-14K!!!!<p>But be aware, it DOES need body and rear suspension work, and perhaps some other I don't know about - but how OFTEN do you find a lightweight for sale???<p>So anyone interested, E-Mail me and I will try to let you know a week before it goes on the block!<p>All I know about the car right now:<p>was owned by a very short Oriental girl<br>has about 65K on it<br>has carbon-look dash panels<br>cloth interior (black)<br>is white with the BMW colorful decals<br>
Old 01-14-1999, 05:33 AM
Steve S.

Default I think he is in Florida again...how many vacations does this guy get?

BTW, his garages...yes I said garages...are full...and then some...<p>Lets see, what is in his stable now:<br>1) VW GTI (2 of them)<br>2) Lotus Elan<br>3) 66-67 Mustang<br>4) Volvo ITB car (of course)<br>5) Audi A4 (he lets it sit out side...there should be a law!)<br>6) White non-descript towing van w/trailer<br>7) Datsun 240Z (2 of them)<br>8) About 8-10 assorted Ducati motorcycles <p>John, did I forget anything?<p>Anyway, John is out of room for new "project" vehicles.<p>Steve S.<br>97 2.8QM
Old 01-19-1999, 07:49 AM
John/TSR

Default Vacations ? Not enough of 'em !!!

And you did miss on the toy inventory - <p>Don't forget the Scirocco (added last month), the Mustang race car is a '65 fastback and there are only 4 Ducati's out there, the rest are Nortons (2), Yamaha's (2), BMW and another recent addition - a Triumph (actually a rebadged BSA 250cc single).<p>Got NOOOOOOOO room for a Lightweight - Nice cars but not my style - not weird enough...<p>Instructed at a joint BMWCCA/POC school & race weekend at Sebring on Saturday and Sunday - only one A4 there, a blue 1.8 with lowered suspension, a full body kit and 18" A!Idon'tknowhowtospellit wheels. Car looked nice - talked briefly with the owner (Kelly?) Saturday PM, but didn't see the car on the track. Beautiful Porsche 907 Spyder was there - one of only 1 or 2 left in the world - owner was a nice guy too !<p>Me, Mad Mike and John Mabie beat up on Mike's VW's all weekend. Only scared one of my students during an Instructors Session, and only demolished 1 inner CV joint (inner cage self-destructed - fixed in about 25 minutes!) and 4 tires. We must be getting old.<p>Wanna try a track event but don't want to risk it in your own car ? Try Mad Mike - He's got everything from street beaters and SCCA IT cars to Busch Grand National cars in the rental fleet - and you might even get a former Trained Seals team car ! His address - http://www.atlantic.net/~mso/<p>John<br>Trained Seals Vacation Planners & Travel Agents