Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

May 2 THILL Event with Lotus Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May 2 THILL Event with Lotus Club

I received this email today:

The Golden Gate Lotus Club is in danger of losing money on it's next event at Thunderhill May 2 unless we get about 10 more entries. Come on out and support our non-profit event so we'll do more in the future. Cost is $175 per car for GGLC members and $200 for nonmembers. Additional drivers sharing a car are $50 each. Because we're light on entries, we're gonna waive the normal late entry fee and allow sign-up until the day of the event at the prices shown above. We are restricting the entries to 40 cars maximum.

We will be running the same format as our past events with 2 groups. Group A will have open passing, and group B will have restricted passing. Open top cars must have a roll bar. Open wheeled cars will be allowed to run in Group A. All experienced drivers will be allowed to go out in both groups for no extra charge and get way too much track time. If you would like lunch provided, include another $7/meal.

Team headquarters for the event will be at the Golden Pheasant Inn in Willows. The hotel is offering a discounted rate. You can call them at 530-934-4603 and mention the Golden Gate Lotus Club.

W are running a "self tech" inspection where you, the driver, are soley responsible for the safety of your car. Please mail in your tech form with the entry. Make sure you closely inspect all items on the list. If you experience a mechanical problem on the track that should have been avoided by the tech inspection, you will be done for the day. Tech inspection and registration forms are available online at www.gglotus.org

If you are interested in this or future track events, you must send a message to gglctrackeventsinfo-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to keep yourself updated of all the details. You can send questions to trackday@fusiontechnology.com

-----------
Old 04-23-2002, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: May 2 THILL Event with Lotus Club

If my car is ready in time, I'll be there.

No, it's not broken again. I just need to get a sh*tload of stuff done on it (seats, differential, new brakes, etc.) before OTC on May 11. Can't wait to try all the new stuff out on Thunderhill, my favorite track.