Open Letter to Audi Club North America members from Johan de Nysschen

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the national membership base at approx 10,000, 5% would be about 500
Old 05-31-2007, 04:54 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default So has anyone voiced their opinions on these shenanigans to ACNA?

I hear a lot of people bitching, and a few threatening to quit the club, so I'm curious if anyone is doing anything constructive. I know that NAAC had a meeting about the issues, but not sure what came out of it. Has anyone written any letters or called in to the mother ship to express an opinion?

Really, I'm not sure that anyone who didn't vote in the last election has anything to bitch about.

Not playing "holier than thou" here, just curious. I am embarrassed to admit that I did not vote in the last election and am therefore partly to blame for the problems.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default (Shhh. I'd never do it. Just pointing out that management has an obligation to members.)

I've advised board members and management of nonprofits, and it is a rare case where they have any real exposure to members. This lets them engage in internal bickering and wasteful conduct without oversight.

They need to be made aware of the downside.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I don't think the controversy was over a vote. It is over how the Board is applying a change in...

... the Bylaws. So, whether or not someone voted (and I did), had minimal impact. It appears that some board members had a hidden agenda and are carrying it out.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default I was thinking more along the lines that by not voting, we essentially told them that they can...

...whatever they want. We don't care.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I sent an email to every Board (bored?) member, which I posted on the Chicago

forum where most of the posting have been. No.radar has a reference to many documents on there as well. Of all the BOD, I received one same-day reply from Mark Sampson thanking me for my interest in "straightening things out," and another from Keith Anderson a week later which basically said "we will not respond," and reading between the lines, some of has have interpreted this as "get stuffed." All others were opened and read, but not replied to.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Agreed.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I voted, but am questioning if it got counted

it seems odd that with a vote this important the vote from previous years had dropped by almost 1/2. The votes were counted by an accounting firm but after being routed through ACNA headquarters. An open postcard that if not acceptable to what the hidden agenda was could simply be dropped into the round file.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You and about (literally) 500 people I've spoken w/at many ACNA DE's wonder where their votse went

I must know almost everyone who voted, taking into account the 850 rough votes.

Considering the issues mentioned above, as well as the errors in the ballot, God only knows what happened.

Karen Chadwick's ballot had "Must be postmarked by Nov.30" but "Must be received by Nov. 30" on ballot info letter. Received vs Postmarked! HUGE DIFFERNCE>

Unreal that error was not caught, unless it was intentional.

Additionally and disturbingly, lets say the ballots were required shipped by Thursday Nov 30, 2006, as the ballot said. Nov.30 was a Thursday. But on Monday, Dec 4, 2006, the totals were announced! There is simply no way that all the ballots, required shipped by Thurs PM, would be in hand by mail delivery on Saturday PM, in order to be counted and announced by Dec 4, Monday!

Mail being sent on Thurs from anywhere more than 250 miles from the ACNA headquarters in Wisconsin would not have made it on time. The US Postal Service states to allow up to seven days for First Class Mail delivery. This was a huge mistake (besides not having the ballots sent to a CPA directly, besides not having an annonymous ballot, etc).

Another piece of interest on the ballot was Karen's notice that the ACNA was now not responsible for the accuracy of the ballot. This, I believe and have been assured, comes from my direct complaints to the board about her in regards to the 2005 packet.

In the 2005 ballot in Mr. Veglia's bio, he stated he was the official ACNA club photographer and had been for years. This was a total lie. Mr. Veglia has never been appointed club photographer at any time. As a matter of fact, the club has never had an official photographer. The closest the club ever came was with my firm, Sideline Sports Photography, LLC, back in 2005 when we were named "Official Photographic Agency of the Audi Club North America". It was expressed to us, and the status still remains, that the club has never had an Official Photographer.

Mr. Veglia has also represented himself at many events and even here on AW as the club's official photographer, which is nothing but continuing the lie.

More bothersome is that Karen Chadwick, as a paid Executive Director to the club and editor of the ballot, publisher of the bio's and the QQ in which the ballots are provided, allowed Mr. Veglia to knowingly lie on his bio that was misrepresent himself to the members. Hence, the exclusion as to responsibility by the ACNA as to the accuracy of the bio's this past election!

I guess if I run, I can claim I was president of the United States in 1996-2000, raced for Audi for the last ten years, fought in World War II (I'm 37) and I am the Official Photographer of the ACNA! Seems to be the case, as known lies are allowed to stand, fully misrepresenting a candidate to the members.

Mike S
Old 06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Don't forget your years of service As US Ambassador to the UN. :-)

Quick Reply: Open Letter to Audi Club North America members from Johan de Nysschen