Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Petite LeMans race fans

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Petite LeMans race fans

I just wanted to encourage anyone who may be considering going to the race this weekend to go, go, go! I went last year and it was a great show. Alan McNish crashed the R10 TDI on the warmup lap and it was a sight to see him and his co-driver make up the time and in the last few miniutes of the race catch and pass the Peugeot for the win. I have never seen a race in the dark before, and it is incredible. This year will be even better with two Peugeot 908's, two Audi R15 TDI's, Acura's, brand new Lola and other LMP-1's going for the win. Not to mention the GT2's; Corvette, Porche, etc. It will be a fabulous race for sure. Go if you can! See you there.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:44 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I'd agree!!!! Bring rain gear, it's wet already.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I had to huddle down under an umbrella and got a little dirty in the mud, but the race as long as it lasted was great! McNish passed the Peugots on the first lap and was running away with it. He would have won the shortened race if he had not spun right before they red flagged it. It was very good racing while it lasted, but the rain was very, very heavy and Rd. Atlanta is too fast to risk running in that kind of rain. Everyone was spinning; Corvette's, Peugeot, Acura, everyone.
I was glad I had my A6 Quattro and even though the grass was muddy and very slick I had no trouble. Some people got stuck in deep mud. I am happy I went. We did get to see almost five hours of great racing. I can just imagine what the final five hours would have been like. I will go again next year if possible.