Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

RENNER Group having a picnic May 15th in SoCal - Audi folk welcomed too!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-1999, 11:41 PM
Mike Zamarocy

Default RENNER Group having a picnic May 15th in SoCal - Audi folk welcomed too!

Ok guys, if you are interested, spread the word to fellow Audi folks. Be slightly warned, this is a bit of a young group, though there are older folks too. But they are serious SCCA Solo II racers as well, and have made a good name for themselves in that circle. So they ARE car nuts just like us.<br>-----Original Message-----<br>From: George Turner [mailto:getone@mediaone.net] <br>Subject: [renner] Re: Cali LA/SD..May 15th Bar-B-Que<p><br>BTW... AUDI's are invited.. after all it is VW/Audi... also.. it is cool to bring bring out the whole family.... i am sure bringing the ol wife...... bring out the kids, wife, husband, brothers, sisters, friends..... whoever.. the more the better. <br>see you there... if you have any more questions.. please lemme know.. <br>george <br>getone@mediaone.net <br>310-671-6962 <p><br>Hey Guys..... Another Update on the May 15th Barbecue..... <br>It will be held at San Mateo Campground in San Clemente. This is <br>centrally located between San Diego and Los <br>Angeles. From the 5 freeway, you would exit Cristiantos road, then go <br>east 0.9 miles. The entrance is on the <br>right hand side, there is a small parking fee of $6 (per car). This <br>pass is an all day pass, and does have "in and outs". We <br>will be located at the west end of the park. Please coordinate with <br>your people that you are coming up with on <br>what food to bring (of coarse, did i mention *bring your own food*???) <br>so there will be enough to go around. <br>Renner will have food, but do not count on them feeding you... if you <br>are coming by yourself, just be courteous, <br>and bring a small dish (i.e. cake, or pie) and join in the <br>festivities... you can eat whatever you see at the bar b <br>que.. We also will be showing the famous *Renner Video* again. <br>Plan on meeting up at 12 (noon), we will start cooking then. You <br>can bring basically any type of entertainment <br>(as long as it is legal).... and no alcohol please... there is a cool <br>1.5 mile hike to the beach in case your interested. <br>I apologize if i did not get to speak to all of you at the <br>Jamboree...... If you know of any other fellow VW's, <br>or any other clubs, please inform them on the gathering, we would like <br>to see them all... <br>If you desire any further information, please email me at <br>getone@mediaone.net or give me a call at home <br>310-671-6962.. <br>I look forward to seeing you all there... <br>george <br>RENNER Performance Group<p>