Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Sharon, Corey, and "those crazy NorCal people"...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2000, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharon, Corey, and "those crazy NorCal people"...

Since you often have cars of similar build dates on the same courses and drive each other's cars, I'm curious how much variation there is between the "extra careful cars" and the "lunch break cars"? Are a bunch of S4's with 700# springs, similar coilover settings, and so forth pretty much indistinguishable from one another?

Just wondering, since our two A4 1.8T's behaved in very different ways even though they were essentially identical build orders.

Waiting three more painful days for the TT,
Cameron
Old 04-03-2000, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ah...I don't know if you want me to answer...

But there aren't any cars set up the same way....I have the H&R coilovers with apparently the lowest spring rates....Corey is next (but soon he is going to be putting on stiffer springs)...and I think Sharon is the stiffest of us all. When we were autocrossing a ex-Columbian race car driver (in a Integra Type R) was commenting on how Corey/Sharon/and my car looked very similar on course...but Johannes, with stock springs/shocks/wheels/tires was getting major body lean...and had some serious tire screeching going on.

You can tell the difference between the cars...I also have the 19mm Neuspeed rear anti-sway bar set on the stiffest setting. I can get some oversteer if I want it.

I have no idea if I answered your question...I am just babbling.

Steve S.
00 S4
Old 04-04-2000, 11:05 AM

Default Corey and I have very similar setups....

In fact we traded cars during the autocross fun runs last Sunday to see if we could figure some of them out. We noticed that mine seems a little more responsive, but whether that is due to my slightly stiffer springs, or whether his suspension has simply settled in more, or if there is a slight difference due the approx 5 month difference in build dates, we're unsure.

A lot is still experimentation, we're both looking at changing the spring rates and/or adjusting the shock settings around.

Ask us again when we're back from the Quattro Club event in Pahrump next week :-)

Sharon
'00 S4
Old 04-09-2000, 10:32 PM

Default Sad to say, not that similar any longer

Seems that Sharon now has some positive camber in the left rear.

GLAD she is ok, hope you made it back home alright!

News at 11