Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

Which Speedtv F1 announcer should be sacked?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:28 PM
TGK
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Speedtv F1 announcer should be sacked?

There is no need for 3 announcers, all 3 just like to talk over each other. And most of the time its with a "whhooooa!"

My vote: Varsha

PS if for some stupid reason Matchett reads this.....Stop saying "Come on boy"...Its creepy and annoying
Old 03-23-2008, 09:02 PM
rbt
AudiWorld Super User

is *that* what he's saying? I could never make it out. ur right it is creepy in that context.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:31 PM

Default Why? Just like other trends, soon we'll see one announcer per driver; it's called "Job security" :-)

After all these years if you are still not used to the personal opinions, team bashing sessions, fuel load guessing games or Hobbs' silly and funny comments then there is no helping you ;-)

It's just a "different" kind of entertainment; I suspect it is mainly directed towards the NASCAR crowd to help them to understand F1 and perhaps get into it.

Every true blooded F1 hardcore enthusiast would smile over RPM (Racing Per Matchett) insights about F1 technology because to most of us it is already an open book.
Example, one of my neighbors watched the very first time F1 based on my HDTV invite, after he found out that these cars spool up to 19K RPM he started digging into more tech details and is now addicted. Easy does it and the concept seems to work.

So take it for what it is, straight and simple F1 commentary that allows non-insiders to follow as much as possible.....even though the racing series itself is more like rocket science - and for that these guys are doing a descent job, IMHO ;-)
Old 03-23-2008, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Bob Varsha is a walking encyclopedia of auto racing knowledge...

He's also the best 'play-by-play' announcer in the business, as far as motor racing is concerned. Remeber back a few years ago when SPEED had Ralph Shaheen in the booth? THAT GUY was ******* horrible. I like Bob Varsha. Bob Varsha's got a great sense of humor. He plays very well with Hobbs and Matchett. IMO, they're the best people calling races at the moment.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've been listening to Varsha and Hobbs since 1989 on ESPN..

Back when they traveled to EVERY race, John Bisignano was the pit reporter, chasing drivers down as they walked back from a crash or broken car. As far as I'm concerned, Varsha IS F-1 in the U.S. The banter between Hobbs and Matchet (driver VS. mechanic) is hilarious, Hobbs always accuses the mechanics of leaving "spanners" in the car and Matchet always complains that the drivers were wrecking "his" cars due to poor judgment and skills!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Since there is no USGP this year...

Hopefully Varsha and Hobbs will call the 24 Hours of Le Mans like in '06-one of Speed's better Le Mans broad cast.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:20 AM
TGK
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I didn't say they were bad, I just said to many....

Matchett proved his worth when he first started, the knowledge he provided was awesome and still is....But he needs to stop that creepy muttering
Old 03-24-2008, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Three of them make a good team....and we have to remember that

two of them are not Americans and have a different style of speech....so I enjoy their differences.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Same here: listening to Varsha and Hobbs since 1989 on ESPN..

They all have their sense of humor and as a trio they can be very funny at times. Not mention call it like it is
Old 03-24-2008, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

2nd

Quick Reply: Which Speedtv F1 announcer should be sacked?