Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

What the hell is wrong with these people?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the hell is wrong with these people?

I'm so jealous =(

Warren<ul><li><a href="http://foto.renn.tv/web/video/GIXXERKART.WMV">Not your average shifter kart...</a></li></ul>
Old 05-30-2003, 09:23 AM

I caught that off of Corner Carvers. I want one so bad.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:13 AM

Default a regular yz125 cart has what 40hp? a gixxer 1k motor has about 150!

doesn't look like it can ever hook up. and doesn't look like he'll ever be able to really open it up.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Look in a mirror.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default :P

How'd the rest of the enduro go? I saw the black flag come out, but that's about it.

Warren
Old 06-03-2003, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 12 Hour Report

(I'll use the "Warren Method" and repost from another email) -

Ringers, ringers, ringers. That's the story of the 12 Hour at the Point, sponsored by Kumho Tires. In SSC, we were up against a car driven by the current SSC Nat'l Champ (Joel Lipperini) and another car driven by a multi-time SSC Nat'l Champ (Eric Heuschle)(oh yeah...he won the first T1 championship in a Viper, too...cuz he's a Chrysler factory guy...driving a Neon...yeesh). The cannons were pointed at us, kids.

Finished 2nd in SSC, 20th overall. We dropped 5 laps to an unanticipated brake rotor change (had one rotor warp BADLY in the 3rd hour), and lost another 3 with an 'unusual' clunk in the
front suspension that made John uneasy. It went away while I was back in the car, so whatever it was, got better, or finally broke. At the Checker, we were only 5 laps behind the
Leonard-Cutitta-Heuschle car...but we'd figured out last year that they were our toughest competition. On the grid before the race, I'd explained to Joel how it was 'unsporting' for SSC guys to lap each other, and that we had an unwritten agreement to avoid that. He didn't buy that story, but they broke stuff early, as did the Empire/RaceShopper Neon (Edwin only stocks bad alternators) and the Brock Yates etc. Neon (wierd stuff ?). Alan Lescher's Neon was fast when the sun was up, but darkness cost them 8 seconds a lap, it seemed.

Rained like hell for 2+ hours. At the end of the monsoon, thunderstorm came thru and the lightning shut the race down for about 50 minutes. Darkness arrived, we were in 4th and we went into BOOGIE mode, started reeling the lead SSC cars back in...our only hope was that the lead car would break. It didn't. Damn. First time in 5 years we didn't win it. Next year, baby. Next year.

"Stoopid Hour" started a little early, at about 10:20PM. I started my last shift at 9:30, while everyone was still in "punch out some laps" mode. It started to ratchet up within 30
minutes, and by 10:20 the banging and slamming had begun. Full sprint race pace for the last 100 minutes. How stupid ? 2 cars contesting ownership of Pit In, sideways &amp; spinning at 70mph. Miata's going 4 wide into T1. Left side tires in the (wet) grass and mud on the left going into T5, in 3 wide dive-bomb/desperation passes. Etc. etc. etc. John drove the last shift, 11:00pm to midnight, and reported that the crazyness continued.

Spec Miatas. Miatas everywhere. A sea of Miatas. Miatas up to the drip rails. 17 of the freakin things started. If I never see another Miata I'll be happy. Just close enough to the SSC cars so we all drove each other crazy, all day. C cars have motor on them in straights, Spec Miatas carry better corner speed. Some single digit gesturing.

I am still the Prince of Darkness. Do yourselves a favor and find some way to race at night. You are Hurley Haywood or Dan Gurney at LeMans, no matter what track you're on.

Kumho Ecsta's ain't Kumho Victoracers. We ran both, but the Nissan was an ill-handling wallowing little pig on Ecstas. It was a good-handling wallowing little pig on Victoracers. Probably just a personal taste in "feel", but it was night &amp; day between the two. It felt a whole lot 'crisper' on the older tires. Mike Tayor from Kumho made the best observation Satuday night - "that Nissan has probably had 400+ VictoRacers on it in the past 5 years. It just likes Victoracers." No ****.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:37 PM

Default Re: 12 Hour Report

I was doing the BMWCCA school over on the Jefferson circuit, with friggin' hail bouncing around all over the inside of the car for a few laps. When it was over, I went over to watch you guys until it was black flagged. Looked like you were driving through a lake at 7 &amp; 8. And you're right, the place was filthy with Miatas.