Motorsport Discussion Discussion forum for everything racing-related

word has it that a kid won $10K winner take all drifting competition in Laguna seca

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the problem is you think you're so special

i'm sure you are and that many people wished to be in your shoes(to drive your cars) but its stupid to think only the things you do merit some recognition. you showoff your toys and all your hard work/expenses as part of racing (for validation for sure, you cool dude), to you theyre essentials but you think other's ventures are just bling. i tell you other than the difference in prizes/title, there is absolutely nothing different with what you, drift boy, rhys and other competitors want out of motorsports, that is to win, learn and pump some adrenalin - what the heck made you so special?
blah blah *I* blah blah *Me*. guess what driftboy was doing it for himself too. He needed to execute something and he does it. FYI, he passed millen on a drift which was probably the deciding factor. at that moment it was driftboy versus rhys, 2 drivers - what again made your story so special?
spare me the economics, you definitely spent more than drift boy but dont win anything, just pride to tow your car to the track. dont worry many of us dont get profit. $10K is $10K, sour graping or not and the only way were getting near such a prize is buying lottery tickets.

what is this *purity* youre talking about? freshly washed nomex undies? sounds like bullsh!t from washed out old-timers -not you, local oldie racers, uncompetitive and just taking up driver slots. i do not know who youve been racing with, racing never was a pure sport. theres rivalry, protests, unsportsmanly conduct, unfair advantages, winning by default, favoritism, partial ruling bodies and spectators, luck etc. didnt you ever hear about the cries of Prost and Mansell you can keep your rules and ladders for greatness, the winner always have the better weapon and the most practice. and in a one-event-pro-solo-finale-invitational-winner-take-all its ok to name a champion. you can whine all you want, series-boy
you know whats wrong with a championship series - its the one who can attend the most events that will win the series and not the best driver/team (i'm not saying this is the only reason you champ). not that its totally evil but it is not always the best basis for amateur events. thats why there are winner take all, pro/national finales etc. again, your thinking is biased
btw, give the judges some credit, youre not the only honest person in CA. the cheers of the spectating crowd can turn to an angry mob if the decision is highly questionable.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default btw where do you get these 'facts' about electronics/parts to help you sustain a drift?

you make up gossip now too? thats lower than i expected
Old 05-10-2004, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default who are you again? i must have missed your post about your latest pro-motorsport adventure

you sure your head is not diluted with other racer's stories, probably thinking theyre your own? any links?
Old 05-10-2004, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default read:

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/racing/msgs/33216.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/racing/msgs/33216.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 05-10-2004, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I dont know what you have done thats why i ask. nevermind then
Old 05-10-2004, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sounds like you know what youre talking about, i think :\

oh well, the guys i've met dont cheat like that. mind if i share this info with the competitors?
Old 05-10-2004, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default here's an amateur vid. so rhys made a boo boo

no clowning around like some generalize it to be. the GTO looks good. this *sport* is quite competitive from here, i recognize thats all<ul><li><a href="http://home.comcast.net/~Simpsnatic/Gushfinalruns.wmv">http://home.comcast.net/~Simpsnatic/Gushfinalruns.wmv</a</li></ul>
Old 05-10-2004, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Eric was an instructor for Skip Barber
Old 05-11-2004, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thank you. does he have a professional career, something to quantify his skills?

the name doesnt ring a bell
Old 05-11-2004, 07:02 AM

Default I say this because I see it 1st hand here in Asia. And talking with pro drivers here.

Over this month I see large $$ deals done right infront of me in the pit lane of Sepang. The team boss I'm testing with finalized a deal with Puma while walking down a stair and running into the top guy of Puma in Asia.

They are junk drivers yes. And hell one is even open with me about it, and was nice enough to show me how he lands his big $$ sponsor. I see a driver stay in racing and lands sponsorship who had no hope at the wheel but had a great image (used to be a pop star).

All I know is people go to watch a kart race in Shanghai, while not a single person is at a kart race in stockton besides racers/family/friends.

What do you think seeing all this is gonna make me believe? I know all the drivers here are junk, but the stands at a formula BMW/Renault Asia in China/Japan/Korea are packed while the big Nasa race you where at had more people in the pits then the stands.

I believe what you are saying because you seen it 1st hand when you were at it. But accept what I'm saying because I see it 1st hand here too. Its Asia so don't be shocked business are done differently here.

Quick Reply: word has it that a kid won $10K winner take all drifting competition in Laguna seca