Anyone going to the A3 VIP event @ Clair on Thursday?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone going to the A3 VIP event @ Clair on Thursday?

Hi all,

I got a generic invitation today to the A3 VIP event at Clair Audi on Thursday. It apparently runs all day, but I won't be able to head out there until after I leave work at 5.

Does anyone else plan on going? My bf wants to go, as he is really interested in the new A3. He currently drives a 2003 VW GTI, which he's almost done paying off (he financed it).

I know it says I need to RSVP to a guy at Clair if I'm going. Do I also need to register at audi.com for a test drive? Exactly how many A3s do they plan on having there for test drives? If as many people are going to go as I think they are, they better have enough on hand.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:47 PM

Default I already test drove the A3 @ Clair (for the itunes credits).....

...and a funny little part of the story is that when I called over there, the sales guy I spoke with told me that they were not out yet in the US. This was after I had driven by there and SEEN it in front of the store.

I asked him to check again, and to see if it they had a DSG version (since I had yet to try that out either). I think they have one 2.0T manual and one 2.0T DSG for test drives, and neither of them have the very cool Open Sky option. It seems like the really good stuff in the A3 is coming in around a year when they'll have the 3.2 engine as well as the open sky. Team that with the very cool DSG tranny, and they have a winnAr! (though it will probably run into the mid-high $30K range)

Did the event invite say anything about the schedule for the evening? Is this just an open invite for test drives, or will there be more info to be had on the A3 at this time? Did they mention the 33 free Itunes songs you can get for test driving an A3 this month? TIA.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:57 AM

Wagner is also having one - I got an invite that I have to RSVP to. FYI
Old 05-10-2005, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default will be there 7-ish; invite has e-mail @ Clair ...

Joe e-mailed me right back, so I suppose you can ask your questions directly -- or just call em. I may try to sneak out early if it's a nice day; I'd rather test drive when it's light out. Register at Audi if you want your free music (link). I also got a scratch card to win a car.<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiusa.com/a3_microsite/a3ms_itunes_form">http://www.audiusa.com/a3_microsite/a3ms_itunes_form</a</li></ul>
Old 05-10-2005, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 130 Likes on 89 Posts

I got my invitation last night...thinking about it even tho I just bought my A4 in Sept =P
Old 05-10-2005, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'll be there on Thursday picking up my A4 that will be having one of the coolant fans replaced.