best tint shop, in Ma, or hartford area.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best tint shop, in Ma, or hartford area.

^^

Thanks
Old 02-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm interested in tint shops in southeastern MA / Boston area as well.

Anyone? Bueller...? Bueller...?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is in the wrong direction for you guys most likely, but it was for me too and I just ended up taking a day off to go get my tint done here. A co-worker brought his M5 here and has other cars done. Check these guys out in Billerica:

http://www.tint-king.com/
Old 02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Yeah, the Tint King has a big following. There's also the guy near the intersection of Rt 24 and Rt 106. I think that's Bridgewater.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Yeah, the Tint King has a big following. There's also the guy near the intersection of Rt 24 and Rt 106. I think that's Bridgewater.
Advanced Auto Tint on Main St (Rt 28) in southern Brockton maybe? Or Auto Tint Plus in South Easton on Foundry St (Rt 106 I think)? http://www.autotintplus.com/ I don't know about these but they are a lot closer for me. Maybe for a future car. I went with Tint King based on a referral.

For anyone who hasn't had a tint before, know that the install can be messy. Tint King did a great job with no issues inside the car. The outside was dirty, which really showed on my white exterior, but it washed right off. Some tint places may include detailing or can add that for a fee.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I like tint king

I've had all my cars tinted at Tint King in Billerica for the past 10 years. The work has always been top quality. I've also had them do some small custom clear shield work, which has been great. Many of the patterns that are available for rear bumpers are not very useful and leave large portions of the bumper exposed to potential damage. They custom cut a much larger, more useful one for me on my last car.

The one time I had a bubble issue, they fixed it immediately. I mean literally immediately. They ripped the damaged tint off in the parking lot when they saw it, pulled a car out of the garage and re-did the job on the spot. Can't get better service than that!

I'll be bringing in my wife's Avant for some tint soon.

Hope that helps,
Todd
Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by zulujams
Advanced Auto Tint on Main St (Rt 28) in southern Brockton maybe?
Zulu, yeah, that must be him. He moved and made a slight change to his business name. His name is Ernie. Folks report him being somewhat of a perfectionist (PIA type) and sometimes turns down work.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Zulu - how much did Tint King charge for your tint, and what kind of tint screens did you end up going with?
Old 02-17-2012, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I went with GeoShield DMC50 which is ceramic:

http://www.geoshieldusa.com/autofilms.html

According to Tint King, adding this onto the factory tint brought me to the legal limit to MA. The cost back in the summer was $328 with tax. The B8 costs a little more to be done by them b/c of some of the angles and such. They offer other types of film and you can read a little on their site about pros and cons. I chose GeoShield based on a recommendation and am very happy with it. Going darker would have looked even better in my opinion, but I didn't want a legal issue and I wanted to be able to see at night in the rain.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sun roof and Sound
(978) 534-9911
623 N Main St
Leominster, MA 01453

I've had 3 cars tinted here. My allroad I just had done for $280

Quick Reply: best tint shop, in Ma, or hartford area.