Has anyone tried the "new" Herb Chambers Audi (Pass & Weisz)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried the "new" Herb Chambers Audi (Pass & Weisz)?

I have been going to Wagner Audi recently due to the poor customer service at local-to-me dealerships. They have been taking GREAT care of me, but I am curious if Chambers is any good. I may try them for my 55k service coming up.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default They have not moved yet...

...apparently, they are building a new facility just down the road closer to 128. Until then, they are still facing issues with cramped working conditions, few lifts, delays in scheduling, etc.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

yeah I pass by the new facility often. they don't seem to be in a rush to finish it.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

gotcha. How is he doing? Does he still have the 986?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bought my C6 there, difficult to get on the schedule so I go elsewhere.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:18 PM

Unless they fire ALL the front desk guys, I'm staying away.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: I will NEVER go to that dealership ever again... 3 quick stories.

Story 1. I brought my car in for its 50K service about 3 or 4 months after I bought my 2002 certified used A4 Avant from Audi of Burlington. I was told that I would need new rear pads and rotors. I couldnt beleive that a car that was certified used would be 10k miles away from needing new brakes. I did some investigating and I found my certified used booklet that listed the thickness of all 4 rotors on my car at time of purchase. I did not tell the service center that I had that info, and I asked them what the current thickness was on the rotors. My 2 front rotors apparently gained 2mm each in the course of 10k miles and then my rear rotors had gone from 8mm down to "less than 3mm". When I pulled the certified used booklet out of my briefcase and I called the manager over, I swear I could see the desk-guy start to sweat. We argued about it for 2 days (my car was in limbo the whole time). Finally the service manager agreed that a mistake must have been made when I purchased the car and the rear rotors in reality had less thickness than recorded. He did not however have an explanation as to how my front rotors gained thickness. I got the rear brake job done free of charge.... but only cause I never throw paper work away.... too shady

story 2. My fuel pump went 7 months after I bought my car. This was just after Herb Chambers took over. I was told by one of the "front desk" service guys that "The fuel pump is under warranty and would only cost me a $50 deductable...but that the fuel filter was not covered and that it would cost me $280 for parts and labor. So a grand total of $330. I did some searching around and I found the price of a fuel filter was $50-$70 depending on company, and I found a step by step posting on how to do it on another audi site. It was listed as taking 25 minutes tops. I called them back and told them not to put in the fuel filter, that I would do it myself and that they were trying to rip me off. I then was told "If you dont replace your fuel filter, we can not warranty your fuel pump, so if you dirve out of here and it fails 20 feet from the shop, it would cost me a lot of money". I was busy with work and I didnt really have all day to deal with them, so I grunted and said "ok, go ahead and do it but I am going to need a more realistic price". I went to pick up my car later in the day and they charged me $150 total. So the price dropped from $330 to $150 (including the deductable), just because I complained. That seems kind of shady to me.

Story 3 About a month later I brought my car in for the 60K service. About 2 weeks after that (1k miles into the oil change) I noticed an extremely slow oil leak, but it was a real crappy snowy/rainy couple days and I couldnt tell where the leak was coming from. I called the service center and they scheduled an appointment for me in 1 week later. 2 days after that I came out of work to find a HUGE puddle of oil under my car. I had it towed in to Herb Chambers Audi and they said that the "lock" washer had broken and my oil drain plug was slowly working its way out. Now luckily I had been topping off my oil (I had added about 1/4 of a quart total in 3 days), so my engine was OK and the plug had come out while it was parked because it was still sitting on top of the plastic engine guard under the car... None of this seems legit to me. I do not think they tightened my oil plug properly, and I was very close to being without a car for a long time, but luckily the plug fell out when I stopped or right before I stopped.

I have even stood in line at the service desk and heard one of the desk men lie through his teeth as he tried to explain to an older foreign lady why she was on her 2nd set of brake pads within a year on her 2002 A4. Now maybe there were legit reasons for this, but if there were, he was not telling the lady any of the correct honest info.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Has anyone tried the "new" Herb Chambers Audi (Pass & Weisz)?

I've been there twice in the past week (once for each
of my A4s), and as a guy who has generally been happy
with their service dept for 15 years or so, I'd say
that things are as good as ever. Most or all of the the
tech staff is intact, and Warren is still running the
show out back. Parking is still tough, but service
appointment waits are way down (a week or two at most).
And, for the guy who asked, it appears that they have
unloaded all of the "front desk guys."