Has anyone used VEIL anti-laser coating?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Has anyone used VEIL anti-laser coating?

How did you apply? Does it look bad or is it completely invisible?<ul><li><a href="http://www.laserveil.com">http://www.laserveil.com</a</li></ul>
Old 08-03-2008, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Answers from the link you provided:

"Application is an easy brush-on liquid that dries in seconds to a light grey color."
Old 08-03-2008, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default hmmm seems to work

but really you are just going to **** off the cop because he knows something is funny and that will just open up a whole new can of worms
Old 08-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default No...not so..read on....

It works marginally well, and the cop will NEVER know...there is no way he/she could, and they still get a near instant read...On my old B7 S4 I had a laser shield and I placed Veil on my headlights, a thin payer on my Lic Plate, and all of the chrome on the front of the car.....

Application was a bitch. It has the viscosity of water, so it literally runs off. It must be applied with a VERY thin layer. It IS noticable, but if applied correctly does not look bad.. almost a Ti look to it....

What it does....it will give you a couple of seconds to react assumming you have a very good detector, and have it mounted low. Yes, low on the dash. The officer can get a read at shorter distances with perhaps only a split second delay rather than an instant read. It will cut down the distance the cop is able to get a read, but it does NOT read an error code, and it will cut down the distance only by about 20-30%. It MIGHT make a laser detector useful if you mount it low. Otherwise, the laser capability of your detector is useless....once it goes off, you simply pull over...

I had two encounters with Veil, and a lic plate cover...Both times travelling 90mph in CT when hit, and both times avoided a ticket...Very fast reflex jam to the brake...

Just step up and drop the grand on either the LPP or the M40...there is another out now as well...

Go to radardetector.net and all of your questions can be answered. In short, VEIL MIGHT make your laser detector useful, giving you a second to slow down before ticketed....The jammers??? the best are very good....

In short, nothing is 100% foolproof. In fact, instant on radar will get you EVERY single time. Lots of these gimmicks often will give you a false sense of security, and you will get a ticket going a lot faster than you normally would....
Old 08-03-2008, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I did and watched the video

if all of a sudden a car is coming down the road and its not registering until it gets very close- something is fishy. The cop's laser gun has been working fine all day and then randomly it does not work correctly?

Not saying it does not work- just saying it could raise some eyebrows
Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

what you're doing is cutting down the refraction / reflectiveness of your profile to the LIDAR gun.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Well that is not quite exactly what happens with veil....

It does not work good enough to raise suspicions. The response of the laser gun when shooting LIDAR is slightly different depending on type of car, its shape, its coler, amount of chrome upfront, front license plate or not..these all give the LIDAR gun a small amount of variability when getting a read. Sometimes it is 1/100th of a sec. Others it is near half a sec, and the police officer may move from center of mass to license plate or to headlight to get a better read... so NO, a half second will NOT raise suspicions. 50% of the time I got an immediate read even in a black car, with Veil and a laser shield plate cover...its those big fisheye headlights of the B7 which make it a somewhat difficult car to conceal..

You will get at BEST a second and a hal, and again this depends on lots of variabilities...I have tested multiple LIDAR guns against my old S4 with VEIL and a plate cover on a black S4, getting maybe 1.5 sec at best, but not every time. 50/50 I got an immediate read even when
shooting center of mass. That is with headlights veiled, license plate with a thin coat of Veil and a cover, and all chrome with veil on a black car(harder to read) Then I installed the LPP, tested the LPP against the LTI and stalker(i think)...the LPP gets jam to gun unless you wait till less than 500ft and get a direct hit on side view mirror, and 5/10 I could get the outer headlight at about 250 feet or so...

Rent a few Lidar guns..."gomouse" on that forum can set you up, as can a few others...Or just find a friendly 5-0 or two....

with the LPP you get an Error reading on most guns, we did on the LTI but only occassionally on the stalker.....Most police officers will start "painting" you at 1000-1500 feet. You can download the program off of radardetector.net that will tell you how wide the beam is at that length. Im guessing about 48" at 1500 feet, making it very detectible to a detector IF you have it mounted low....so supose you have VEIL only, get painted at 1500 feet, V1 goes off, jam brakes, split second later cops gets a read, hopefully at 10mph slower....so, VEIL might make the laser detector portion of your V1 useful, otherwise it is a useless device, you are dead everytime against laser.

Now, with LPP or blinder or whatever, you will get a jam and or an error reading which may make a police officer suspicious. Point is to slow quickly and turn off jammer, let the police officer get a read at a much slower speed. New LPP cycles off after 5 sec I think. Laser jammers are not illegal in most states, but you are correct in that you are best to not raise suspicions. You can still be issued a ticket without a reading.

Thing about LIDAR is the police officer has to be standing still, looking through a small scope and aiming at your car. It is very hard to tell one's speed at 1500 feet head on looking through a scope. Try it out.

If you have any questions or doubts on any of this, i'd be glad to hook up at one of the audi meets and give a few runs. I have both a single LPP head and K40(piece of shi%) on another car, and Dual LPP jammers upfront on the RS4. Had multiple run-ins without a problem. We could rent a few guns, or get one of the police officers on this forum to lend some time off the record, do a few runs. With the LPP I do not have the VEIL applied, but have a fair amount left, you can try it out if you like. In my opinion it looks like shi&amp;, but it IS somewhat effective.