I am sorry, but someone else must do Boston Area GTG planning from now on...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

three cheers for BD. thanks for the effort!
Old 02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i'm sure I wont mind hosting a GTG or two, ill need a few helpers

i can do burlington, just need more information on the venue and who owns that parking lot... probably best being a weekday night because of the movie night mania on the weekends...

but i hear the atrium GTG was/is nice in previous ones..

I think we need more venues to consider as well. I will consider other locations alongside Burlington.

Possiblibities: [location, event, parking availability (weekend vs. weekday)]

Harpoon Brewery on the Pier in boston

Sam Adams in Jamaica Plain (limited parking i think)

Fudruckers in Saugus on Rte. 1

Kelly's Roast Beef@ Jordan's Furniture in Natick

TGIF in bestbuy plaza in Framingham /Natick

and..perhaps a big one in Cape Cod???? if someone knows a good location right off the bridge

we should start a thread for possible locations again...

and if this works out we can make it a repeated event
Old 02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default whoa, I hope the atrium runaround wasn't the cause

We can pick a day, and I'd volunteer to organize but I'm just too laid back to commit 100%.... we do need one atrium meet, so if anyone wants to start up a poll for a date, go ahead or I'll do it this week.

Casual meets can still bring #s, but the prizes will not be a part of future meets.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Hopefully this will help free up some time for you to participate in some golf GTGs :-)

You don't happen to know if Greg's is open on Saturdays, do you?
Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default if you can't beat em, join em...

there's some REALLY good cruise nights in the area. Kimballs ice cream in Littleton throws an auto shindig every Thurs night in the summer. Music, food, no charge, in a HUGE field across the street. Could arrange to use a corner. They draw TONS of cars....

Also the Best Western in Princeton does something similar on Fri nights during the summer. Food, beer, wine, and raffle prizes. Last year they hosted a national Briklin event one Fri. It was awesome... they simply sectioned off an area. I've seen other clubs show up en mass there as well.

And, if you wanted to really go big, they have a convention hall adjacent to the hotel. Last year someone hosted a tuners event there (same day as the MOT event). All the cars went indoors! They even had an "Audi" catagory. Unfortunately besides ours, there was only one other Audi... 8-( It's fairly expensive to rent but since we just spent a month there, we made lots of new friends, wink-wink... 8-)

Yo PaulieK... N.E. //S-fest 08... perhaps ditch the tents for rooms ?

All that said, I've managed a few of BD's gtg's and agree, nicely done. big thanks...
Old 02-04-2008, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I would gladly take the ball on one per year but working in Providence plus no AW in the office....

makes it hard for me to contribute like I did back in '05 and '06. I am going to try to put together a GTG in my neck of the woods (Mansfield, Foxboro, Sharon, Walpole area) for this Spring.

I will certainly make all attempts to attend the Burlington ones but the ride from Providence is a drag, so hopefully I see all of you at some point this year.

And to BD. Job well done. Time to pass the torch.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i've been to the kimballs thing before and imho it was a poor substitute ...

the thing i loved about the meets henry set up is that they were about the audi community first, and the cars second. most of the other meets i've been to in the area were the other way around, which made them much less interesting to me. i'm at the point in my life where i'm not impressed by expensive things -- but i am always eager to meet folks with intersecting passions.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:55 PM
GBW
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry to read this....

you've grown these GTG's from four cars to 70+ in just a few years....quite the accomplishment! So, thank you for all your efforts to grow the Audi community in the Boston area....a bunch of folks are going to have some big shoes to fill...
Old 02-05-2008, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We dont have a Best WEstern in my town!!! Thats in Fitchburg...
Old 02-05-2008, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well put. Gets me thinking. Hmmmm...

Quick Reply: I am sorry, but someone else must do Boston Area GTG planning from now on...