ok, I've officially lost my mind. I took a look at IRA Audi yesterday....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok, I've officially lost my mind. I took a look at IRA Audi yesterday....

and they happened to have 4 or 5 new S4's out back (you can all see where this is going, can't you?). Now, for those of you that know me you know that I've had 3 S4's (probably more than Audi ever figured one customer would buy). Well, I've never been a big fan of the B7's but 2 particular cars caught my eye. This is where I need your opinions... first is the Phantom black/black 6spd car w/ all the usual options plus Nav and Carbon Fiber trim (I really like the all black look and could do wonders w/ this car). Option 2 is a silver / black one w/ basically the same options (Nav, carbon trim plus the usuals) only this one also had the DTM sport pkg for $1500. I love the way this looks on this car w/ the carbon front spoiler and carbon lip spoiler.

If you were going to buy one, which would you choose? Keep in mind that I really want a black / black car next but I love the DTM pkg. If the black one had this package I probably would have given them a deposit w/out even driving it. I guess another good question is... would I be an idiot for selling my perfect B6 to just go out and buy a B7 and start the modding all over again??? My wife pretty much laughed at me when I told her I looked at new S4's.

Also, my friend called me today to tell me he had an '04 Range Rover (a 10 out of 10) that I could buy for below wholesale to use until I found something I really wanted.... who would go this route instead?

Sorry this was so long.... I'm confused.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:27 AM

get the black on black and have them install the dtm package on it?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hmmmmm. When I was at Clair yesterday they had two '07 B7 S4 on the lot...

one being a Phantom Black over black with the works and the other one being Silver over Black but without the DTM package. A few months ago they had a Dolphin Grey '06 with the DTM package which I fell in love with because of the DTM package. But I digress, of the two you discribed personally I would jump on the Phantom Black one. Even though black is a PITA to keep clean it is just so friggin' georgous. The silver B7 on it's on looks nice and I am sure with the DTM it looks even better but there is something about silver cars that when you look at them next to a similar car in a darker color, the car with the darker color always looks better, imho. The silver with the DTM package would definately look hot and hide the dirt, scratches and rock chips that our cars in N.E. tend to sport after some time, but that black one just seems like the ticket for you. Now if you get that one, please keep it three years and then I'll buy it from you in 2010. ;-)
Old 04-01-2007, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ding, ding. Add a Labree or Fast Intentions exhaust and he's in business. =)
Old 04-01-2007, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I pretty much agree with everything you said...

my first S4 (although it was a B5) was silver, then there was the Nogaro and Arctic white. I've always liked black S4's it's just never worked out that there were any available when I was buying. Like I said, I was never a fan of the B7 but the Phantom black definitely made me look twice. The only thing that would make me consider the silver one is the DTM pkg. but then again, maybe just adding the RS4 grille and carbon lip spoiler to the black one would do the trick. Also, I know I would tint it, lower it and throw on a FI exhaust (or similar). I think I could make it a pretty sick looking car. Oh, and the wheels would have to go asap... I hate the new stock S4 wheels. I also like the idea of the all black leather interior. All three of my S4's have had the black/silver alcantara interior so a change would be nice.

I am seriously one messed up individual. Oh, you know I can't hold onto a car for 3 years so if I go through with this we'll see if we can work something out in a year and a half or so.
The only way I'll buy a B7 is if I basically steal it from them. I can tell you right now the number I'd pay for it wouldn't begin w/ a 5!
Old 04-01-2007, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You know what they say; "once you go black"
Old 04-01-2007, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

B on B is nice...
Old 04-01-2007, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Special order a Brilliant Black w/ DTM pkg FTW...

I'm not crazy about the Phantom Black (or any other Pearlescent or Metallic Black for that matter). IMO, Brilliant Black is a much nicer 'Black', being that it has no metallic of pearl effect to wash it out.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

"you have to wash your car every 2 seconds". Still the best color though.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:53 PM

and some rs4 reps, be a mean looking and sounding car

Quick Reply: ok, I've officially lost my mind. I took a look at IRA Audi yesterday....