Some unfortunate news,,,

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some unfortunate news,,,

Those of you who were at the recent get together at the Audi training facility in Marlborough, MA will undoubtedly remember our friendly and gracious host -- Gregory Edge. Greg is the Audi trainer who was responsible for our being able to meet at that facility and was most generous with his time that evening; showing us around the various rooms, answering our questions, and managing much of the event.

A4Adman (David) and I have been working on the planning of our next GTG and were hoping to be able to do it at this facility -- something Greg was keen to help us with. This week I received a call from Greg informing me of why he has been delayed in getting back to me. He has recently been diagnosed with cancer.

It's my understanding that the type of cancer he has is quite operable, but there are some concerns that it may have spread to his lymph nodes. He will be undergoing chemotherapy shortly and, needless to say, will be somewhat out of commission. He sounded very strong when I spoke to him and appears to have a great attitude about what he is facing -- all important things (I've been helping my ex-wife through her battle with cancer for the last year and a half and know that attitude DOES matter).

If you would like to send him a note to express your well wishes, you may do so at gregory.edge@audi.com.

David and I will be pursuing another venue for our next GTG. Greg is anxious to host us in the future so we can all look forward to that after things settle down for him. He's even hoping he can make it to our GTG given the enthusiasm we all have for the brand.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sad news indeed... but hopefully this will turn into great news soon enough. Meanwhile, let's

all send a note of encouragement to Greg.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OMG... that is shocking news. I'll be sure to send him a note. In the meantime Tom let's chat this

week about an alternative location in the MetroWest area.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes lets send him a note ... although I've never met him ....

I am an 11 year PMC rider who has raised over $20K for the Jimmy Fund at the Dana Farber. Lets hope that one day curing Cancer could be as easy as taking one pill.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default unfortunate, but hopefully a good prognosis...

I have not met him, but I've heard his name mentioned a few times.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Enthusiast

I'm Shocked! The Audi center GTG was successful largely due to him. Hope he gets better soon.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sounds like the same cancer my girlfriend is going through, all the best to him
Old 09-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Mr Mc Feely

Default Fvck cancer :^(

sorry just had to say it...
Old 09-16-2006, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Yes lets send him a note ... although I've never met him ....

Wonderful support for the PMC. My 8-year old daughter did the kids ride this year (first kids ride here in Bolton) and raised over $700; got to go to Fenway and ride her bike around the field pre-game on PMC night. I'm sure we'll be supporting that event each year.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Some unfortunate news,,,

Greg does seem in good spirits all in all; he thinks his prognosis for a full recovery is very good. He had just returned to work from the first round of treatment right before our last GTG at the training center. He'll be out of work for at least a month doing chemo.

Quick Reply: Some unfortunate news,,,