Sudbury PD FTMFL.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sudbury PD FTMFL.

gahhdddd. they really need to stop being lame.
On my way home after a boring 3 hour long alcohol-know-when-people-are-drunk-and-how-to-not-serve-them bs class in Braintree when I live in Sudbury. On 27, and I see the cop in his usual hiding spot in a driveway from about 1/4 mile away. Slow down to 30, and pinned at 30 driving by without glancing over at him.
Turn the corner continuing on 27 towards maynard, and about a mile later I see these headlights approaching fast behind me... next thing I know, flashing blues-

so i signal, pull over, put down my window, and turn on my interior lights...

Had no radar on my v1 at all, so i know he didnt get me for speeding (as I was going about 15 over after i turned the corner)... gets up to my window and asks for lic. and reg. I say no problem officer- as he proceeds to tell me "sir i stopped you tonight because of your 'aftermarket license plate lights, which are illegal' " ...I go... oh.. my license plate lights.. [thinking.. THATS wat you stopped me for??]. I didn't know what to say back to that, as I didn't wanna try my route at negligence, so I just said okay.

Then he goes 'do you live around here in this town or are you from maynard? [as i was heading towards maynard] ...' Yes sir, i live right up the road.
him- "okay, i thought so, cuz i've seen your car around town"
PSHHHH. oh excuse me sir for the 4 weeks i've been home for break you've seen my car around so much that you finally had to find an excuse to pull me over just to give me **** cuz my car doesn't look stock and you'd like to catch a teenager with some weed or alcohol in the car.

So he tells me to sit tight- 5 minutes later i look in my passenger mirror and notice someone is standing by his passenger window- [classic sudbury move] another cruiser pulls up with his lights on behind him, and talks to him in the window [for i counted 15 minutes]. 1) not only is it freezing with my window down and my impatient and needing to go pee bladder sitting in the car but 2) i now look like some punk *** teenager whos about to get arrested as theres two cruisers behind me that have 'stopped' me.

UGH. finally comes back and gives me a written warning, telling me i need to clean my plate and fix my lights- as the ones i have now (my own LEDs) are insufficient, as the plate needs to be clear and readable from 60 feet AWAY!!! <<<WHO can read a plate from 60 feet away in the dark when its brand new with stock lights on it... not me! such bs. So i say thanks and second he walks back i drive off- only to find him on my *** again down the road as he follows me essentially back to my house before speeding off pass me.

/rant
Old 01-12-2009, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I got pulled over in a parking lot at school because 1 of my plate lights was out.

They said that same thing, it has to be visible from 60 feet away.

I would need binoculars to read a plate from 60 feet, it's crazy.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i can understand a bulb being out, but because I had LED bulbs...

and since its a hatch back its gotten SO dirty from the sand/snow, so once i cleaned it off its all reflective now and the bulbs are much brighter than it seems- but thing is now i duno if its "good enough" yet... and since this cop always camps out there which is on my way home, i dont want to run into him again.

while i was pulled over, a fart can lancer drives by with purple headlights... but the 2nd cops too busy talking to his buddy to even notice.

and, for the record, lexus's have LED plate lights too..
Old 01-12-2009, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unfortunate victim of bored officer/small townl/nothing else to do..

..at least no $$ out of your pocket.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Elder Member

that is utterly absurd. should be easy to fight by showing you cannot read stock from 60'
Old 01-12-2009, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

luckily no need to fight, just a written warning. but just lame/annoying/burden of fixing lights now
Old 01-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Elder Member

Default that's what i meant by "fight it". you shouldn't have to change your lights ...

unless there is actually a substantive issue with your led ones. the notion that "aftermarket license plate lights" are illegal is absurd -- there's no official list of oem bulbs for license plate lights. many cars are coming from the factory with led license plate bulbs these days.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Expert

They're just keeping you safe. Don't you feel safe now?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i think beemers have them too... the stupid thing is leds are brighter!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default protecting you from yourself, ha ha ha

I wonder how many Lexus drivers he pulls over for driving a Lexus with factory LED's on the rear plate?