New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums
View Poll Results: Could a Rear Main Seal leak cause oil to flood the cylinders and sparkplugs in a 2012
Yes
0%
No
0%
Maybe
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

2012 Audi A5 Quatro Rear Main Seal Leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Audi A5 Quatro Rear Main Seal Leak

Greetings,
I have a 2012 Audi Quatro that encountered a performance issue late last year. When I took the car into the dealer they told me that it was a problem with a clogged and/or faulty fuel injector. After the replacement of said fuel injector(s) it ran fine for a few thousand miles and then started acting up again. I took the car in again and the dealership told me this time that the number 2 and 4 pistons had "disintegrated" and all four pistons will need to be replaced. Again, after the repair the car ran OK for about 6k miles and then I saw an oil leak, I started to notice a drop in performance and a strange clicking noise from the engine. I took it to the dealership again and they told me that there wasn't anything wrong with the car and the clicking noise I heard was just the fuel injectors doing their thing. But, there is a small rear main seal leak that is where the oil I saw probably came from but it doesn't need to be repaired immediately. No less than 10 days later the car died on me completely. This time I took it too a different mechanic who told me that one of the cylinders was filled with oil and the compression on all four cylinders was drastically below spec. I asked if this could be due to a Rear Main Seal leak to which he said "No Way". I took the car to the dealership to fix and now they are telling me all this was caused by the Rear Main Seal leak.

Could a Rear Main Seal leak allow for oil to get into and flood the cylinders and spark plugs?

Much appreciated.