New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Audi mechanic needed...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi mechanic needed...

Hi Forum Members,
I am new to this forum.
My wife and I have had our 2010 Audi V8 S5 for 10 years now. Car has been great. We return the car to the local Audi dealer for all service and regularly scheduled maintenance, even the expensive oil changes, lol.
This past week, the EPC code came up along with the Engine light. Called the dealer, had it towed in. They scanned it, misfire detected in cyl. 1 and 5 and Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Bank 2 Too rich.
Gave them the go ahead to replace fuel injector in Cylinder 5 and to do carbon cleaning of cylinders. $3k later, still same codes thrown. They suspect bent valve rods and want to investigate.
I have read the misfire forums here and have a pretty good understanding of many other issues it could be.
They told me that they have swapped coils and changed plugs. The first advisor told me compression was fine prior to injector and now a different advisor is telling me compression is low.
I don't want to give them a blank cheque and was wondering if there is a mechanic in the GTA (I'm in Milton, ON), where I can take the car for second opinion. The Manager is going to see what Audi Canada will do for me since I am loyal.
I have a friend that has recommended Eurocharged Canada in North York, where he takes his AMG 63.
Looking for recommendations of a mechanic or place that someone trusts that has the knowledge.
Thanks in advance for the time to read my thread and respond.
Mike
P.S. After reading posts, I know to ask about motor mounts, cats etc.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 887 Likes on 726 Posts

You may want to post your question on the Canadian Discussion board.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Kevin.