New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Hi From South Florida

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi From South Florida

Just stopping in to introduce myself, I am an ex-automotive and industrial technician that spent many years working on anything with wheels.
Later in life I switched over to working a government job as a Water treatment plant mechanic.
I have always loved Audi since I laid eyes on and had to work on them years ago. I never considered buying one since they were always out of reach financially unless I settled for one with high mileage.
This changed with the entry level low mileage 2017 A3 quattro which I just picked up for the Wife and I to drive. We are not even 18 hours into owning it and it is clear to me I did not research this car enough before purchasing it.
Since I stopped working on cars for a living around 2002 I felt it was a good idea to buy the extended warranty and gap insurance.
Even though I am disabled with a bad back, neck and cardiovascular system ( 7 stents ) I plan on doing maintenance, mods, and general repairs myself if my health allows me to do so.
I quickly got a slap in the face with a reality check when leaving the dealership and the inspection required notification came up. After reading into it I realize I was once considered a knowledgeable technician that kept up with modern technology. Now I feel like I have been out of the loop for way too long. I will be scanning the pages of this forum to get me up to speed with what tech I will need to properly and safely keep my A3 in good shape. I will do my best to help others in need once I get up to speed yet I feel I will be leaning on this forum and helpful members for a long time to come. .