New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

How do we report a scammer in the Audi Forums?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do we report a scammer in the Audi Forums?

"Akro" has tried to scam me by selling some BBS wheels and sending me an umbrella instead (yes, really): https://www.audiworld.com/forums/par...heels-2947234/

I looked at the FAQ and the Report feature doesn't seem to cover this I want the mods to know what a scumbag this guy is as he as 3 other active FS threads.

I've already filed a PayPal report and an Online Fraud report (interstate online fraud at that), but don't want anyone else to fall victim to this dude.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by TJH08A4
"Akro" has tried to scam me by selling some BBS wheels and sending me an umbrella instead (yes, really): https://www.audiworld.com/forums/par...heels-2947234/

I looked at the FAQ and the Report feature doesn't seem to cover this I want the mods to know what a scumbag this guy is as he as 3 other active FS threads.

I've already filed a PayPal report and an Online Fraud report (interstate online fraud at that), but don't want anyone else to fall victim to this dude.
Why not post on his other active for sale threads and be very percise on what happened and contact the mods as well.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Oh I did reply to all his for sale threads noting he's a scammer and linking to the post

How do I contact the mods?
Old 04-21-2018, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Travis, I think you've take appropriate action. You are not the first to fall victim to stuff like this, I promise.

Bigger picture: I would have a very difficult time sending $$$$ to somebody on an internet car forum that has virtually no history. It isn't like he's known around here.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Travis, I think you've take appropriate action. You are not the first to fall victim to stuff like this, I promise.

Bigger picture: I would have a very difficult time sending $$$$ to somebody on an internet car forum that has virtually no history. It isn't like he's known around here.
I agree, but I have PayPal buyer protection so I will be covered regardless, just really annoying to have to go through this. He was dumb enough to give me all his personal info and I have his FedEx business account number, so he can't hide. Will update once I hear more.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

^^

You might want to redact your address on the shipping label you showed via the linked post. Nasty business, as least you have PP protection on this one.