New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Lurked awhile, finally registered

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 06:31 PM
opinionated jerk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lurked awhile, finally registered

Hello All!

A brief post to introduce myself. I've recently acquired an '05 A8L and have been reading quite a bit here to familiarize myself with various features and to diagnose a few quirks.
I have a background in Automotive manufacturing ( engineering) and have been a loyal and frequent buyer of domestic products, but I recently contracted some strange affliction. It manifests itself in an overall boredom and dissatisfaction with mundane powertrains and an aversion to FWD. It makes me despise too-small interiors and anonymous exteriors. Like some weird spider bite, it has also given me an apparent superpower. I find I can purchase older but well maintained european luxury cars for dirt cheap compared to the cost of much lesser domestic makes of similar age. Apparently, my neighbors are all equally dedicated to their favorite big 3 brand, leaving me with a real buyers market for 'exotic' cars when their original owners tire of their expensive toys. There's something surreal about garaging $150K worth of fine luxobarges for less than the cost of a 15 year old rust bucket SUV. Regardless, I'm enjoying cruising about in these 'weird' cars and soaking up the stares of children who look like they've seen a UFO!

See-ya in the message boards!

"Livin' Long"