New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

New to Audi!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Audi!

Good afternoon my fellow Audi owners and enthusiasts! This is going to be a short intro, I am a fairly boring person and I don't have much to tell you about myself.

I am new to Audi, but I am not new to German cars or forums. I am on Tallahassee Muscle Car Association and MB World as well. My first German car was a 2007 E63 AMG and my second was a 2012 BMW 528i (hated it). I ended up selling the BMW and bought a 2009 S63 AMG and I love it. That being said, I needed something a little more daily driverish, the Benz is very needy and costly. So I found a very cheap 2007 Audi A4 2.0 Turbo, FWD . Then, I stumbled across an almost identical 2007 A4 2.0 Turbo that was AWD, that I bought for just $800! I intended to use it as a parts car because I thought it was going to be junk, but it turns out it was not. It was an "insurance job" where they cut the seats, broke the radio, a window, cut engine wires and so forth. But the overall condition is very good! Both are automatic transmission. Obviously in the condition it is right now, I don't know about the drive-ability or condition of the engine/transmission but I assume it is good.

That being said, I don't think I am going to part it out and scrap the rest anymore. My plan is to rehabilitate and modify the car. Originally, I was thinking to do a 6-speed swap, seemed to be a good financial approach (I ain't rich!), clutch assembly, computer and manual trans, didnt think it would be that expensive. Then a guy I ran into who has a VW was telling me it might be a better idea to go the dual clutch transmission route (I forget what he called it). He said it should go right in place of the automatic transmission that it has right now.

So this is where I need some help, I like the idea of a manual, but I do know the dual clutch transmissions are super quick and that would be cool if it just bolts right in for the most part. Does anyone have some experience with this? I will eventually probably need some help when it comes to replacing the wiring harness as it is cut and maybe the ignition cylinder. Thank you all in advance, look forward to speaking with you.
​​​​​​​

2007 A4 2.0T x2