New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

Have the same crappy issues that most everyone has with an Audi at one time or other. Hot start issues.

Started having delayed starts after vehicle had been used any part of the day.

Replaced fuel filter and Fuel pump relay.

Searched the web, had saw the CPS and CTS issues. bought both parts but didn't install (was going to do on weekend)

Vehicle died on my commute on interstate.

Towed to a shop. service tech stated fuel pump had failed diagnostics and nothing else did. towed home and replaced fuel pump.

Seemed to resolve issue, drove for 2 days and died on side of road again, had a 45 minute wait on tow truck, tested start and it died, canceled tow and made it about 10 more miles down road and started doing same issue. had towed home this time. vehicle started right up at home.

Replaced the coolant temp sensor. no direct fix.

Had a local Audi enthusiast hook up to vagcom, states that the CPS would have shown something if it was bad. we did replace a vaccum hoses that hooked up to fuel pressure regulator, the braided one was pretty rotted. He made sure all hoses looked ok,

The issue of cutting out while driving went away, but would still have a rough initial start and then it would clear up and be ok, I replaced the fuel pressure regulator thinking maybe it was clogged up. It looked bad.

Still have a rough initial start, cold or hot and it seems to backfire a bit and then it kicks in ad works ok.

I re-ordered the CPS and just want to replaced to get that potential out of the way.

Is there a good guide to walk through how to do it. i can see the electrical connection but am unsure how to actually get to the crankshaft to unbolt and re-bolt the sensor.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry - 2001 Audi A6 Quattro 2.7 turbo 139, 000 miles