New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Newbbbb that needs some advice/ help

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbbbb that needs some advice/ help

Newbie to the forums here !

Hey guys I bought an A3 2008 about 2 years ago the car has been great.

It’s a six speed manual with the gas line package sport suspension panoramic roof both Soundsystem literally has every option so love the car.

About a year into owning it I’ve had a problem with the coolant mixing with the oil and not knowing much about these engines I assumed it was a head gasket or cracked head went through the whole thing and did the head gasket put it back together and the car was still mixing and dummy me said oh it’s an aluminum head I’ll just buy a new head bought a brand new head it was still mixing and it turns out the plastic oil filter housing was cracked and I also along the way replace the whole intake manifold assembly vacuum pump coill, the water pump and timing belt I timed it myself and I changed a couple other parts that I know I’m missing.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM.

Now skip forward to today I was on my way to work the car was running perfectly fine I had no issues at all left from the gas station pulled up to the light to get onto the highway and none of the gears would go and I wasn’t driving it hard nothing like literally I stopped at the light and all of a sudden the gears wouldn’t go in so I’m just looking for advice to see if you guys know exactly what could be going on or if somethings happened similar to somebody else for me that’s like signs of slave cylinder or like stretch stretch.

pedal is fine though it still springs back up so I’m iffy about slave or master being screwed . I did read about issues with the pressure plates on these cars as well as the DMF

so any advice would be helpful . Also I see people do a Single Mass Flywheel “conversation” but is it an actual kit and something I have to do ? Or can I just buy a clutch kit with the SMF and install it regularly how you would with a DMF .

Thank you all!
Old 11-06-2021, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump