New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

trip computer fault. Teething problems with new bought audi

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trip computer fault. Teething problems with new bought audi

Hey everyone, I am a new audi car owner. Am super excited to be one, just bought a 2006 DSG petrol auto 2.0 TFSI S line audi A3 2 days ago from a dealer. It has no manual with it.

After a long drive across the UK a few things are causing me concern. Firstly today I was driving, everything was fine and then I looked down and all the dash trip computer stuff was off - speedo and rev counter are working fine but cant see my mpg, mileage, fuel consumption, average mpg etc. Can you turn it off somehow? I was fiddling with the wipers speed quit a lot on the journey before I noticed it.

The emission control system light was on when I bought and even though the dealer is going to take it away and fix it for me in a weeks time, I had to drive it away that day - could this be something to do with it? What issues generally cause that emissions light to come on? Im more concerned that maybe it has some electrical fault as the windows werent automatically going up and down with one click everytime and the boot sometimes doesnt open. (boot problem again going to be fixed)

Secondly, I noticed if Im in 3rd gear, and I take my foot off the accelerator for a sec then put it back on, the car likes to lurch forward a little. Also when on a hill if I take my foot off the break sometimes it does seem to roll back....

It goes like a rocket when it all kicks in but i have also found a slight delay between me putting my foot down and it going at times....after owning a ****ty 2003 vauxhall astra petrol auto in australia for the last year, I am shocked that it feels like this, as it was always instant with that car. And this is a 3 year younger top of the range sports audi....

Anyway, I am a nervous newly bought female car owner but any advice would be great. I have got it under warranty for 6 months, but I think that will be mechanical failures and the last thing I want is to have to shell out for a new DSG gearbox in a few months time....

Any help very greatly appreciated.

Girl at the wheel!
Old 10-29-2017, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any help anyone?

So the trip computer is worrying me the most - I came to my car the other day and the battery was dead. had left lights on 'auto' overnight and so figured it was to do with that. Once I got a jump, the trip computer came back on.....now again 2 days later the trip computer has randomly turned off. Does it turn off if something is draining the battery? Correct me if I'm wrong but are all these problems to do with something draining the battery? car drives well otherwise. Would just like to get these issues fixed. I'm pretty hands on and practical.

Can someone please help?

thanks