Ben Bauer is now to be known at "Captain Mud"

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, who was the Black S4 in run group C...I was the Silver TT "C4"...

dang...you've got a motor!!! That 3rd session Sunday was fun wasn't it? I was the TT that kept threatening to catch you...god that was fun.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default That was probably "Captain Mud"

aka Ben...aka Bauer...
Old 01-10-2005, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

And I was the Nogaro S4 "C17" that tried my best to keep you two at bay!
Old 01-10-2005, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Mark should talk...."your gonna have to pull over at turn 10 so I can puke because I can't hold my

booze" LOL

Yes I did go off....last run of the day....up to that point I was having a great time .

I replayed what happend in my head on the way home and came to this conclusion.

Came into trun 3 with about the same speed I had been all day..maybe a little more. Lifted the throttle a small ammount and car started to rotate (off camber corner). Counter steered and applied throttle...but not agressive enough on both counts. Car ended up doing about a 90 degree slide and two front tires went into the mud on the inside of the corner. Not that bad

Car blew a tire and mud was everwhere, ego was bruised but body is fine. I am more upset that the session got black flagged and people lost time on their run more then anything else.

To all in my run group, sorry for taking time from the last run.....I will try to keep it out of the cow pastures next time.

I gotta get me some cowbell, baby<ul><li><a href="http://mknx.com/v/cowbell.wmv">http://mknx.com/v/cowbell.wmv</a</li></ul>
Old 01-10-2005, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You were fast out there...and you were able to keep it on the track.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default On a side not....I was out with him first....he wasn't saying too much :O. I told him Saturday

night when I was leaving the bar (he stayed...but then you figured that out)that he better sign me off or I would make him throw up.

Mark is a very good instructor and I can say I had a few too many at the Laguna event last year and wasn't felling my best. It happens but I would not hesitate to have him as an instructor again.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was right behind him when it happened...mud flew all over my car...had grass in the intercoolers.

my friend Eddie was his instructor...he drove the car and said in his opnion it was almost undrivable....very twitchy and tail happy.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I pulled the memory stick out of the camera this morning to bring into the office and load on the

computer....can't find the thing...it really is kind of pissing me off as they aren't cheap. I was hoping I would beat people from posting but of course Steve has to get on here
Old 01-10-2005, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Agreed..he is a very good instructor

And the worst news for me...he is faster in my Miata than I am. But then again..he gets to drive it all the time. Yes, it is true..he is slightly faster than me in my own car.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

wish I'd made it up...

Quick Reply: Ben Bauer is now to be known at "Captain Mud"