Finding out when you had your last ticket....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding out when you had your last ticket....

I think it's been over 18mo (so I can take traffic school).. but what's the easiest way to determine for sure if I'm eligible for traffic school (ie, when my last ticket was)?

Go to the DMV (ugh)?

Go to a police station?

Ask a cop to look you up?

Because from what I remember, when I actually get my ticket in the mail, it will just say something like "if you are eligible for traffic school..", and not actually say if I am or not.

And since you're all wondering.. I was humming down 280 and didn't see the CHP on the side of the road (under De Anza) until it was too late. No radar, but I was cooking (~100) and that was obvious since I was passing ppl :P

He was pretty cool, tho. When he brought me the tkt I noticed he had just written me up for "exceeding 65"... and wrote "85+" in the speed area, and said "I'm giving you a break here, you were doing a lot more than 85". I just "yessir'd" him and then he said - and I am not kidding - "OK, now, when you're merging back onto the freeway here, I need you to accelerate as FAST AS POSSIBLE on the shoulder and then merge"... SO I asked him, to be sure "You want me to accelerate as fast as I possibly can?"... he said "yep" and sort of grinned.

So, I obliged with a rocket launch ;-)

-T
Old 06-20-2005, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 11/99 foundation

1800 for lifetime membership.

includes license plate frame and badge with license holder.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yesyes I know...

probably worth it in my case

But that doesn't answer my question..

-T
Old 06-20-2005, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default my insurance broker (friend of the family) can look up DMV records...

email me and I can give you his number.

Also, he can definitely get your a lower rate. I've been using him for years. He's the best in the business.

=D
Old 06-20-2005, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default try $2500...

i'm about to bite that bullet >=(

maybe it was $2200?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

dude - I drive that area every day... slow down!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:42 AM

Default lol he's just trying to save himself a lot of paperwork by writing you up for 85..

I had the same thing happen to me on my bike except I was going about 120 for 5 minutes I believe they will arrest you for 100+ otherwise = lot of paperwork for someone not really doing anything that's all that wrong.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:13 PM

DMV, $5
Old 06-20-2005, 07:01 PM

Default hsjb is right + see message for online traffic school info!

If you hate going into DMV (who doesn't?) you can download the form from the DMV website and mail your check. I've done that before but it takes them for-freakin'-ever to actually send you the record.

When you have to actually go in to pay the ticket (if you go in person rather than mailing the fee), they can tell you right then and there if you are traffic school eligible. And, actually, it might even tell you on the official ticket you receive from the court in about 2-3 weeks after the actual ticket was issued.

Oh, and the best piece of advice I have for you: <b>ONLINE TRAFFIC SCHOOL!!!!!</b> I did online last time and it was great -- $17 (it may have gone up since I did it) and you can do it at your own pace. Just as my way of "getting back" I did it in jammies while drinking margaritas! I was drunk by the time I got to the final exam, but I passed!

(Adding the URL for the online traffic school below. Online traffic school was super easy and you don't have to sit in a room full of losers for 8 hours listening to their sob stories of why they unjustly received their tickets!)<ul><li><a href="http://www.abettertrafficschool.com/">http://www.abettertrafficschool.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 06-20-2005, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yep, I used trafficschoolonline.com last time :)

BTW, I guess my question is:

Is the 18mo from the time of the infraction, or from the time traffic school was taken? Since these are about 4+mo apart in my last case.

-T

Quick Reply: Finding out when you had your last ticket....