Friggin' great!!! Stuck in the damn A/B class again. What a bunch of crap...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know about the walls...yes, I have never done Sears. However Steve,

the point of me asking was the fact that I thought, and have been told, C class has instructors to start. If your good enough, they sign off and they are gone. I don't want that. I just want the opp. to move up if I can once I learn the track enough. I'm not out there to race. I'll bring my Tundra to go slow, though that'll delete the whole purpose. I just wish I could do the 3 lane light drill over and over. That's the one I like! See ya there Steve!
Old 08-29-2005, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Gary, I hear your frustration..... and I have been there.... you need as much track time

as possible in whatever group. Dean really focuses on saftey, knowing the car and the limits of your ability.

I also was frustrated when I was kept in the A/B group when I had been signed off in a C group at an eariler event.... hell Jen went through the same thing... talk about someone being pissed . In the grand picture it is being at the track learning and having a good time with fellow enthusiasts (SP?).

As far as the instructor in the car goes.... I rather have someone else in the car with me.... a second set of eyes and brain can be very helpful in making you a better driver.

Anyway don't not go because of this... you will still have a great time
Old 08-29-2005, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks :-). Sorry I missed you at SJGP... I was running around a lot there..

I'm trying to work in this ACNA event 'tween shows and work schedules, but most likely will be there. Hope to see you there too!
Christine
Old 08-29-2005, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Heh.

Ok what else do you know, smartypants? :-)
Old 08-29-2005, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You are teh suck! I've had 15 MIN SLEEP since Saturday night....

On my 3rd Diet Pepsi. Machine ran out of Red Bull at work. Bah.
Time to head home soon and try to sleep tonight. Got the adrenaline shakes a little, this is gonna be a fun run down the 880... hahahahahaaha.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Looking forward to the school, too!

Best of luck & see ya there!
Old 08-29-2005, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default *lightbulb* idea....you're stage what S4... stage 3?

Switch cars with me... then you'll have no problems in A/B.... my car is 320 HP to the crank on a good day.... you're pushing well over 400 I imagine...

yeah, that'll even the playing field a little. :-D

j/k of course...
Old 08-29-2005, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default *ding*

as long as C/D aren't packed, it shouldn't be a problem to move up a group if your instructor sees fit.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey man, been there, done that.

Going to an ACNA event is like getting your wings clipped. I remember my first ACNA event and being infinitely frustrated that I couldn't set the world on fire... there were so many moving chicanes on the track! Now the only reason I sign up is to enjoy riding around on the track, seeing fellow Audi enthusiasts and getting really loud and obnoxious at the banquet

I'll be in a student group too and riding around with an instructor is kinda weird for me, but it's always good to see a different point of view. It'll be a good chance for me to disect what I'm doing as a driver and work on that intimidating turn one (I know I can enter it without lifting, but it's so scary!).
Old 08-30-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Follow up post: Just wanted to say...thanks

Thanks for all the input guys and for the reassuring words. It was an overreaction because of an exchange of emails with a person. I overreacted a bit. I also want to say that I am sorry for the way I came across on the first post. Especially to some of the really cool people that I have met at the events in the past in the A/B group. I know it may have or did sound like..."Oh, I'm too good for this group", but I honestly don't feel that way. I'm nowhere near A LOT of the people out there. I have met many of you chatted about our track experiences. But the reason I was bent was the way I was approached thru email from a certain someone and it kind of put me over the edge. Like all you said, you can get signed off and all that. Problem was last time I tried that it was the biggest ordeal in the world and I emailed and asked if it's possible to get signed off and it turned into a war of worlds. After reading Christine's post and a couple of others it really put me back into perspective. Just being because the other emails made me blow my lid. I apologize again and look forward to meeting some new faces and seeing some of the old faces unfortunately (the Bauers...you know who you are..Ben and Paul!!). And some others Steve, Christine, and some B6S4 and TT guys. I'm excited about this day...as well as you are. Sorry for the long email and the previous rant post. Hopefully see ya there...if they didn't ban me from this event. :-(

Quick Reply: Friggin' great!!! Stuck in the damn A/B class again. What a bunch of crap...