Share the location of your favourite Radar Trap !

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oh and any time I'm in the Ferrari and there is a cop around, he always whips out the radar gun

on sight of the car, even if I'm going 10 under.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paseo Padre near Dumbarton Bridge final onramp.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Paseo Padre Eastbound, Ardenwood Neighborhood Below Train Overpass (45-->35 bottom of hill)
Old 07-25-2007, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Second thought, just stay the hell out of Fremont. Cops here are fat with nothing to do.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Also on 92 itself, westbound at the last overpass before 280.

There is a construction triangle with virtually no curb on the southbound side of 280 at the 92 interchange. It gives coverage of cars coming out of the tunnel as well as southbound 280 travellers. I've seen blacked out police cars sitting there at night.

Airplanes along the straight sections near Standford. Can't fly on windy days though.

Northbound 280 under the overpasses on the section between Saratoga and 85. They hide in the shadows. The Wolf overpass sees a lot of action - especially mornings.

On the De Anza onramps/offramps, there is sometimes a cop on the onramp on the opposite side of the freeway, sitting up high with a good view of oncoming traffic. Then there are several cars staged out of sight on the onramp going the other way. Cop number one spots the victim, then signals to the cars on the other side.

The large construction staging area on 280 north just after 85, often has a cop sitting in the dirt there. Can't see them until it's too late. Pay careful attention to brake lights on cars in front or duck behind another car as rounding that bend.

Lots of action usually around the Sand Hill and Woodside road going both ways.

There are several rest stop pullouts - some no long open to public - that afford a good view down into traffic and provide a good launch ramp for building up speed once they have picked someone. Fall in behind someone and watch for tall whip antennas poking up as your first indication.

I've now had a few events police come up onto the freeway at night all darked out with not even running lights showing until they are up to speed. You can catch them via the glow the readout screen in the car, which I guess can't be switched off. Southbound 280 between Black Mtn Rd onramp and just south of 92.

On southbound 280 where the first big Magdalena sign shows up, there is a hill next to the sign. Tucked away out of sight like an onramp is a fire access road that I have seen police lurking in wait.

In Fremont, the concrete divider between the traffic directions is offset every so often to allow emergency vehicles to slip through. Look for police in the center, using the offsets to minimize their visual profile in the few miles leading up to the Dumbarton bridge.

If the goal was to make people comply with the speed limits, then the police would place themselves in plain sight, since everybody knows to slow down then. But by hiding, it is clear the agenda is not to make people slow down, but rather make sure they have as large a pool of "offenders" as possible to ticket.

I believe there is a time and place to drive quickly and other times when it is a dumb idea. Teaching people where and when should be more of a priority for safety, than fining them ***** nilly, without ever educating them. Telling them to follow the posted limits like sheeple doesn't help, because conditions change.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Driver training is a joke! Of course if we had fewer "offenders", then the police, courts, and

insurance industries would see a decline.

I'm with you on the phones.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:48 AM

Default never heard of it....let me know when you guys come up to parteee

Yeut Lee at 3AM FTW!! AZN girls on me.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Same thoughts for Danville & San Ramon. Add Moraga/Lafayette/Orinda to the list as well.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Agreed
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yep. Over the last 20 years cars have gotten safer, we've continually put more meter maids on the

highways and roads, speed limits have pretty much stayed constant, yet our roads continue to get more and more unsafe.

It definitely is about our traffic enforcement system, and how easy it is to get a license here. Driver training in this country is a joke. They have higher speed limits in Europe, yet fewer traffic accidents per capita (you can also do it per mile, whatever floats your boat). But for some reason our government seems to think the solution is continually putting more cops to work, instead of increasing driver training, increasing the number of lanes in heavy traffic areas, etc.

Funny how the population of the bay area has basically doubled over the last decade yet most freeways/highways have the same number of lanes.

Traffic --> Road Rage --> More accidents / fatalities

Quick Reply: Share the location of your favourite Radar Trap !