There it went. What I was saying, compare a Stage 2+ B5 with my car, same level of mods exactly.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good edit. I nearly lost what I had typed out. I'm done for the night after this.

When you come on the B6 boards and try to say your car is better than the B6 because you're Stage III, congrats. You have a highly tuned car that out performs the stock B6. Yet, I wonder why so many people chose to upgrade to the B6 rather than tuning a B5, or buying a B5 stage to tune from scratch? Hmm....

It comes down to personal preference, but don't think that I or anyone else will take your (B5) attempts at talking $hit. You don't have the justification. With what can be compared on the B6 as of now, ie stage 2+ vs stage 2+ with everything else equal, there's no argument as to what's a better package.

AT LEAST TO ME.....

Enjoy your night. See you flamers in the morning.

(really glad you didnt' make a new thread. So tired of this now)
Old 02-24-2005, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't think I'll be running the dyno that day. There may be a Lambo sitting on it.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:51 PM

Default that's when you intentionally leave out the money factor in yoru favor.

b5ers are willing to give up the "additional" luxury for more power and handling which could be had with less money.

those that did the switch from b5 to b6 instead of going stg3, they just don't see it's worth their time and hassle to be so involved with tuning the car to that degree. They are willing to spend more for the peace of mind and give up the "additional" power and tunability (which is part of the fun for many enthusiasts).

It's an enthusiasts' board/forums. We are meanies not just to B6 S4ers, but to TTers, too, when, for a time, a good bunch of them talked about nothing but the asthetic crap.

Ok, maybe we are just meanies when others don't act or talk like an enthusiast. LOL

So, to sum it up for you, it's not that B5 doesn't have a good chassis or luxury, b6 just has more. And B6 has enough power, B5 just has more.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meh - the attitude exists in both camps [B5 & B6]. There are people with superiorority...

...complexes about their cars anywhere an enthusiast can be found. Any make, any model. I don't need to tell *you* this; I've been to TP many times.

Don't let it get to you so much. You purchased your car for a reason: you like it [probably love it is a better description] and it suits you/your needs. I feel the same way about my car as well. Not all B5 owners are arrogant about the cars they drive, but quite a few are extremelly enthusiastic about their rides [as you obviously are about yours].

I don't agree with any of the owners from a particular forum going to another solely to bash the car of the forum they're visting [although it makes for a good read] but at the same time I don't agree with your post that spawned this thread. It cheapens your reasoning of B5ers attacking B6ers since you did the same right back in order to make a point. I digress...

In any event we can agree on the fact that we [all] love cars in general [especially Audis] otherwise we would not be of the minority that surfs enthusiast sites [and hangs out on them all day, you PW ].

Meghan is good girl - that thread got out of hand and you two should make amends.

Oh, and of course I know Mike. Hell, he stripped for us when he was installing his harnesses during Gary's [SAC-CA-S4] DP install last summer [disclaimer: it was freakin' hot that day!].

Sai - you seem very passionate [read: hard-core] about your car. I would be obliged to meet up w/you sometime either here in Sac or in the Bay [I am in Berkley every other weekend and my sis lives in San Leandro] for a beer or a drive. Probably not both at once, but you get the idea

E-mail me when you are coming up.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Agreed on everything but one point.

Yes, it cheapens my point if I retalliate against B5ers...but I was attacked by every B5er and their mom this morning. So I had to come on hard and try to make my point.

I still think it's a fair comparison of car to car with what I have listed in the original thread.

Yes, I can be an arrogant DICK and I did it on purpose to really rub it in in this thread, but I like being nice and kind a lot more than what I was today. It's simply more fun when you can get along with all folks, whatever age, car, etc.

Anyway, long story short, let's definitely meet up for beers. I'll know what my plan is tomorrow afternoon and will send you an email shortly after. We're taking a friend out for his bday and since drinks will be on me or my other bud who's visiting from out of town, I figure they won't mind if we meet up at Suddwerks, the graduate, wherever.

BTW, the best party I've ever been to in the U.S. was at the Graduate on Fat Tuesday's a couple weeks ago.

Jesus christ, I'd never seen so many hotties crammed in one location. Reminded me of Cancun. Mike was actually considering coming up, but I thought it was the following week, gave him late notice, it didn't happen.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ugh, you make my head hurt, just stop.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default I personally believe the money factor comes down to this.

B5ers buying new were fortunate to take advantage of a GREAT bang for the buck. Best investment at the time would have been to buy a B5 S4.

In the current market, there is no question (at least to Audi minds) that the B6 S4 was a great all around package compared to other things on the market. I don't need a 4 door sedan for family or hauling, but for my personal preferences, I chose the B6 S4 over a Z06 and an M3.

Like you say, it's an enthusiast's forum. So act like it. Being a "meanie" isn't useful to anyone. You should be able to appreicate each car for what it is if you consider yourself an enthusiast.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:47 PM
ATH
Elder Member

Default This is this the most retarded post I've ever read

The B5 S4 is an older, less expensive (now) car. You can't restrict mods on a car and say "now look, I'm faster!" A stage 3 B5 S4 will hand you your ***, and there are lots of them around. That doesn't mean the B6 S4 isn't a great car, and that it won't someday too have a stage 3 worthy if being such. Though they are both labelled as S4's, they are completely different cars. Be happy with your purchase...
Old 02-24-2005, 10:04 PM

Bill....
Old 02-24-2005, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Not at all. If you're going to compare car to car, compare stock to stock. But that's not enough

for B5ers, so we'll compare modded to modded.

B6 S4s are modded up to the equivalent of B5's Stage 2+. When FI comes out for it, ie SC, then we'll compare stage 3. For now, we don't even have one regular on the B6 forum with suspension although Statis apparently is developing or HAS developed a kit.

Thus, the most logical form of comparison is a comparo between equivalently modded cars.

Quick Reply: There it went. What I was saying, compare a Stage 2+ B5 with my car, same level of mods exactly.