So after getting out of the hospital last night the ulster county sherrifs had some presents for me.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So after getting out of the hospital last night the ulster county sherrifs had some presents for me.

so this is what happend. woke up from a nap after the gym. i was suspose to drop off some papers at a friends house that night and forgot. So i drove down came accross the bridge and passed 2 sherifs. got to his road and theres a sharp turn there. Comming off a 55 drops to a 35 with a nice little turn. I spun out on some gravel and over corrected and put myself into a tree. next thing i know i woke up him his living room(he lives about 50 feet away) he said i was there for almost 20 minutes. we walked back to the crash and the police bacicly attacked me. then i went to the hospital.

They gave me 110 in a 55, recless driving, and passing into another lane(the accident).

The police officer said Quote. I clocked a black BMW doing 110 was he your friend. i told him no. i hes like well he was speeding were you racing. i said no. so he got really angry and did the whole i know what you were doing speech. he left and when i was released he had changed his mind that the black BMW was now a red audi and had 2 other officers say they saw the same car. So now im screwed because this cop is set on me racing. Never did i race by these cops they saw a black BMW and now there sticking me. Is there any way to fight this? I'm going to the lawyer because i have 5 people that all heard him say he clocked a black BMW doing 110. I cannot believe this is happening.

BTW ill have pictures later.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck!!
Old 03-19-2008, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I told you this before and I'll say it again, you need to kick it down a few notches.Glad you're OK.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Doesn't sound good, get a good attorney and cross your fingers...

If your story is true and you have a good attorney you might be able to disprove some of what the cops are claiming and if you do that the rest might be thrown out.

How did you get to your friends house? Did he carry you away from the scene of an accident?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:00 PM

Default This just sounds bad....in a not-good way

regardless, Im glad your not seriously hurt.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default here is the real problem as I've heard it...

If you are found guilty for "street racing" The insurance company can refuse to pay your collission claim.

You need to do a few things things.

learn how to drive without put ting yourself and other in harm's way..it easilly could have been someone else you hit.

Get a good lawyer.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yikes... glad you are OK... but

Did they say anything about leaving the scene of the accident? Eluding? If they clocked another at 110 and thought you were doing the same, did they pull out to give chase and come upon the scene a few seconds later, or was the accident called in (you REALLY need to find that out). That could shoot tons of holes in their story.

Also, be sure to take as many pics of the scene as possible to try and prove the speed you were actually traveling... the more info you have the better. I am assuming since your friend's house was 50 feet away you were not going THAT fast.

Good luck with it though... if you are lucky you will keep your license and have your insurance pay for the car... but this is not going to be cheap or fun
Old 03-19-2008, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It was called in.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was honestly driving the speed limit. I cant believe this is happening to me.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default im seeing the lawyer on friday. im going to loose my license eather way

license

Quick Reply: So after getting out of the hospital last night the ulster county sherrifs had some presents for me.