So I had a thought about a little project I want to attempt and need some reccomendations...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I had a thought about a little project I want to attempt and need some reccomendations...

So I had this thought last night as I was falling asleep. I'm not normally a creative person (can't really draw or play music or anything like that) but have always been a fan of short films/music videos/etc. So (I know this is like 8 months in advance but whatever) I want to make a Waterfest video. There are several people who have done it in the past and I owe credit to them for giving me the inspiration. I'm not doing it make money or anything, just for my enjoyment and for the challenge. That being said, can anyone make a reccomendation on a video camera?

I need something that will allow me to transfer footage to the computer for editing and splicing etc. It also needs to be somewhat compact (I'm figuring on a camera mount inside the car and maybe a few on the outside, but that will be the subject of a later post) and relatively inexpensive (under $400 would be awesome, idk what video cameras run these days). I'm assuming most video cameras have the same quality of the image, so as long as it doesn't look real pixelated it will be fine. Any suggestions, places to look, personal reviews, and ideas in general would be helpful and very much appreciated. Thanks in advance