2013/14 991s vs. 2015 C7 Z06 - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Other (Non-Audi) Autos Discussion Discussion forum for non-Audi vehicles

2013/14 991s vs. 2015 C7 Z06

Old 08-02-2017, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default 2013/14 991s vs. 2015 C7 Z06

Getting ready to look for the next car, I usually start about 6-8 mos ahead to do some in depth research and narrow my choices (yes this is the part I enjoy the most LOL)

The plan is to get rid of the 987.2S and into something else

I've basically ruled out all the BMWs including the M5/6 since had one and it wasn't impressive (except for straight line speed) besides, I do enjoy the track occasionally (2-3 times a year) and the M6 is doesn't belong there..is more of a GT car.

So with that said I pretty much came down to the finally two choice

1. 2013 or 2014 991S Coupe, Sport Chrono, PDK for about $75k OTD (might even need to spend another 3k for ext warranty)

2. 2015 C7, Track pkg, Auto, CPO for about $70k OTD

The advantage of the Vette is a LOT cheaper (5-8k cheaper PLUS a 1-2 year newer car), not to mention about 250hp more than the 991S. I understand that the Z06 is a closer comparison with the Turbo or the GT3, but if you look at price point the 991S and the Z06 is a lot closer match...those damn Porsche just doesn't depreciates LOL

The advantage of the 991S is....well is a Porsche 911S.....need I say more? Better built quality, less of a handful on the track (aka easier to drive) and I do like the look better (not to say the stingray is not good lookin, just the 991 is a bit classier)

The plan is to keep the car for at least 5 years (probably looking at 7 to 8 years)

Opinions, Suggestions, Ideas?

Search this Thread