Pacific Northwest Discussion

Car help check in Lynnwood WA area

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car help check in Lynnwood WA area

Hey all, I'm in NorCal and have been looking to buy a b6 audi a4 avant 1.8t manual and have been looking as far north as WA and as far south as San Diego.

I found an 03 audi a4 avant 1.8t manual at a dealership in Lynnwood priced at $7995 with 103k miles. It's been posted for almost 3 weeks now. Ive spoken to them on the phone and want to believe its in as good of a condition as they say it is, but I've seen some bad reviews about the dealership and the owner himself who I spoke to.

I was hoping a fellow enthusiast with some mechanical background in the area could check it out for me and let me know if I should try and make a deal over the phone with them and take a drive up there to buy it. Or if I should run far away.

I'm most concerned about checking around the oil filler cap for signs of oil sludge, popping off the upper timing belt cover to see how the tbelt looks, checking the condition of the coolant, checking for any leaks under the vehicle, and overall condition of the car, how it drives, looks etc.

If anyone's willing to help me out, I'd appreciate it and would happily contribute a 6pack

PM me for details of the car/dealership where it's at.