Pacific Northwest Discussion

CPO's from everywhere, now appearing at your local dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO's from everywhere, now appearing at your local dealer...

We're kinda in the market, and I was searching AudiUSA's website for CPO's in the area. (Nice search feature: you can see the window sticker and get a CARFAX report for free, with the car's history.)

So my surprise is this: many of the current batch of cars on the lot at University and Barrier come from former lives in Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, and other Central State locales.

Now, I know about wholesale and auctions, and CPO is supposed to be CPO. But does anybody else feel slightly cheated that we can't get a local car with a local (dealer) history when we step up to a local dealer for a CPO'd car?

I mean, the CARFAX is there for everybody to see, and we don't have to buy the car if we don't like where it came from, and kudos to Audi for disclosing so readily. But I want more choice in local pedigree -- and less auction house anonymity, I guess.

I'm sure the NW dealers feel that their buyers cherry-pick the best for us. But... Chicago? St. Paul? Detroit?

Am I that old school? Yeah, I'm that old school. I don't care what anyone says, I don't want a car that suffered Chicago winters, any more than if I lived in Santa Maria, California and had to take my choice from cars that suffered through a Seattle winter!

What happened to "We took this car in trade from a really careful owner like yourself"? Corporate homogenization, I guess.

Grrr...
Old 08-01-2006, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It might be that Audis sell in those areas cheap, and then they sell here for more $.

Try to sell a Honda in Dallas. You will not get as good of price for it as you will here.

Try selling an Audi in Detroit, same thing.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:55 AM

Could be. We couldn't give away an A6 in Hawaii, with two years and only 11,000 miles...